Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY taxidermist

Old 09-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default NY taxidermist

How do I find a top-noch NY taxidermist and what is the price I can expect to pay?
Old 09-20-2004, 09:42 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY taxidermist

Bill Yox from Brockport is nationally recognized
Old 09-21-2004, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

You don't metion what you are having mounted ,so a price is hard to quote.Yox is over priced and customer service with him is less than deserable.Try Americam Wildlife Taxidermy.Awsome quality as well as price. http://www.awtaxidermy.com
Old 09-21-2004, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

What part of NY are you from?
Old 09-21-2004, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Oops sorry, Deer mount.

I am downstate but will go to Long Island if it is worth it. Am more concerned with Qulity and am willing to pay top dollar if its worth it.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

GEORGE DANTE
WILDLIFE PRESERVATIONS
TOTOWA, NEW JERSEY
973-790-1515

He's about 20/25 mins from NYC, maybe alittle longer from Suffern, NY. He's doin a full body NEW JERSEY black bear for me, has done other wotk for me, and friends. George's work is fantasic, I wouldn't use no one else, his work is that good.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

if you are on Long Island you need to go to Wildlife Creations Taxidermy. the nimber is 631 924-2204. You will not be disappointed.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

hey rob i am from long island and i go to eastern taxidermy out here on long island for all of my taxidermy work from bear to deer he is great with his customers and does an outstanding job.. he has alot on display if you are around the area and wanna take a look he is only 5 minutes from my house... he is great with his customers and is very straight foward... i highlt reccomend him
Old 12-22-2004, 01:21 AM

I have to laugh at some of the replies from folks in forums, especially some who have never spent money in my studio.

American Wildlife Studio in Hilton is a very good choice to have your taxidermy done. Greg's very reasonable, and has a decent turn-around. Hes also a person you can trust. You wont find anyone locally with anything but good to say of Greg.

My buddy George Dante was also mentioned here. Hes in Totowa, and is perhaps the very best salt water fish man I know in the east. Ive been to his studio more than once. If you are near that area, hes also a great choice. Hes been to my farm studying live whitetails with me.

As for me being over-priced, and customer service less than desirable...perhaps you might want to hear from the hundreds of folks who DO have work done here, enough of whom to have created the lengthy backlog you hear of, over a year to 18 months! I take the time to explain to every customer how my return time works, its length, and why. Im obviously not for everyone.

Taxidermy work caters to many different needs...return time, price, and detail. ALL taxidermists in my area, northeastern US, are going to do good quality, as there are tons of good studios around. Some specialize in time, or affordability. Some of us have built our names on custom work and extreme detail. The informed customer makes his decision based on his interests, needs and budget.

In closing, its a shame that some folks talk with no true knowledge other than what they "heard". Most studios can be reccomended without putting another one down. Its kind of tough running down a name when Im a World Champion and carry the credentials I do, though...If any of you ever need a reccomendation or referral in YOUR area, Id be glad to help you find a local artist to meet your needs. Feel free to post here or email me @ [email protected]

To robertesq1...is Middletown close for you? I have a past student there named Bobby Vitro...TruLife Taxidermy. Hell be reasonable, and return your work inside of a year. He can be reached at 845-733-1313.

Quick Reply: NY taxidermist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.