Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What a storm!!!

Old 09-18-2004, 10:50 AM

Default What a storm!!!

So who else is stuck home this saturday? I live in Hunterdon County and man did we get this storm. A neighbors house on my road took a big hit. there is a little brook going through the road backed up and flooded her house out. my road is a dirt road so it's pretty much gone. it dug about 2 feet of it away. even my cable is out. all i have is the internet. it looks like it is at the end of the storm looking at weather.com. hell i might even be able to get out hunting for the evening.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What a storm!!!

I spent the night at a friends because all the roads leading to my house were closed last night. We got 6-8 inches of rain in the Pittsburgh area. Lots of people lost thier whole houses.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:35 AM

i'm keeping an eye on weather.com since my cable is still out and it looks like it is almost past us. i just might get out this afternoon after all. if i had cable for internet i'ld be down too, but i have dsl so i'm still up and running. But cable is so much faster.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bad storms and numerious tornados in Md kept me home this weekend, will have to wait till next weekend and hope the other hurricane (forgot it's name) that swept across the Dominican last night doesn't come up here by the weekend. With our luck it proablly will.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:10 PM

i think it's called Jean?
Old 09-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have a little rain gauge in our garden that measured just over 6" from Ivan. Thankfully we live on higher ground so we really had no problems with flooding or damage to our home/property. However many of our local streets are closed today because of damage from flooding. We have many creeks that overflowed their banks.

Heck, just watch the Pittsburgh vs. Nebraska game on ABC. You'll see what it's doing to downtown Pittsburgh. [&:] About 10 days ago Francis dumped just over 3" of rain on us and that was a new all-time record for a single day rainfal. Ivan smashed that record yesterday. [:'(]
Old 09-18-2004, 12:47 PM

The rain has let up here in central NJ but it is still real windy i cant sit home any longer the yankees are winning[:@] i am heading out the door right now for the pm hunt.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

A nice clean stream runs along the back of my property. It was raging and then the pipe where it runs under the road got blocked. The water flooded the 7 houses below me. One house had 5 feet of water in the basement. The guy had two classic cars and a harley in there, all ruined.
The water stopped 10 feet from my house but I still took a little hit. When the others got flooded it filled the sewers and sewage and storm water was spewing out of my floor drains in the basement. I capped the one near my gameroom in time but my garage was a river of water running out the door. My shed was 18 inches deep inside with water. Lawnmower and weedwacker drowned. Oh well, I got off easy compared to some. When's hunting start? hehehe....
Old 09-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Had the kids and wife all packed ready ready to go to a buddy's 40th BD party in Belmar and I noticed that my basement playroom was soaked!! Freaking water seeped in from the front beds and I ended up ripping about 1/3 of the carpet up. Really put a damper on the weekend but not as bad as a lot of people in NW NJ and Rockland COunty.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

should've stocked my basement w/trout. six inxhes. on the bright side, my big slow kid's big slow football team beat the small fast team. gotta love muddy fields.