Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Buying doe tags...just because you can. >

Buying doe tags...just because you can.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Buying doe tags...just because you can.

Old 08-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buying doe tags...just because you can.

How many people know other hunters who buy as many doe tags as they can just because there are still some available with no intention of ever using them. I hate it when people do this. I hunt York county and they always have tags left for the 3rd draw when other wmu's are out. It seems like everybody and their brother apply for the few that are left just because they can. I hear it all the time. "well, there's only 1 WMU with tags left so I guess I'll apply there. I'll never get a chance to hunt it but oh well, at least I'll have one". This really rubs me the wrong way. Does anyone else feel this way. [:'(]
Old 08-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Buying doe tags...just because you can.

i buy more then i need....but only because i hunt diffrent areas.....and like to fill the freezer and dont know where ill be when i shot a doe.....so i sent for 2f...then 1a.....and ill buy a few 2bs over the counter....i live in 2b....hunting 2f atleast opening day maybe october muzzleloader.....and 1a we have a great honey hole we will hit up when we realize we need meat.....and i hunt 2b when i can make it north......but im not buying more then 5.....2f 1a and 2 maybe 3 2bs..........but i do have intentions on using them....and i hunt all 3 areas.....i just like to cover my areas just incase i need/want more meat.....nothing like venision.......i love it
Old 08-23-2004, 11:29 AM

What are you talking about? 5A has 20,000 tags left and 5B has 40,000? Both are York County.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will hopefully end up with 5 doe tags with the intention of filling each one. I wouldn't waste my time sending to an area I don't hunt just because it was open. That doesn't make sense to me.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

How many people know other hunters who buy as many doe tags as they can just because there are still some available with no intention of ever using them
I don't understand why some people don't want others to be successful or even have the opportunity to be successful. I have one 1B tag coming to me, one ANF DMAP tag, one KQDC North DMAP tag. My wife has a 1B tag and one ANF DMAP tag coming. We intend to fill seven tags.....that might not happen, but we'll sure try. My wife and I love venison and we eat a lot of it....I need to have at least 4 adult deer in the freezer or we won't make it to next fall with out buying beef. I pay for my licenses just like the next guy and I feed my family with what I rightfully take....why do some people have a problem with that?

EDIT: Removed inaccurate content about another member!
Old 08-23-2004, 12:08 PM

There's a very small portion of York Co in 5A and I do mean small.

I hunt 5B and go for 3 tags in 5B. This is where I do my archery and flintlock hunting. Rifle hunting is done in 5A and I get DMAP tags for those areas.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

O.K., let me clarify because it seems like alot of people are missing my point. First, I know there are still tags left for York, there will be for awhile. What I'm talking about is that york will eventually be the only wmu with tags left and alot of hunters from all over the state will be sending for them knowing full well that they will never even attempt to hunt there thus taking a tag away from a hunter who may actually fill the tag. Second, I never said I don't want another hunter to be successfull. By all means I wish everyone who enters the woods all the success in the world. If you buy 10 tags for 5 counties and hunt all of them then that's great because you purchased the tags at least knowing that you will be hunting those wmu's. The question I was originally asking is that do you know of any hunters who purchase a doe tag for a wmu they never intend to hunt just because they are one of the last ones with some available.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jason N

that might not happen, but we'll sure try.
Jason, this is my point exactly. You said you'll have 7 tags to fill and that's great. You accept that you may not fill them all but at least your intentions are to fill them and you will be hunting those areas that will allow you to fill them. All I meant was that I have seen hunters with 2 bonus tags for counties they are never even going to come within 100 miles of. They might as well have thrown them in the trash the second they came in the mail. That's the point I was trying to get accross in my first post. Sorry if others misunderstood what I was trying to say.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

It doesn't seem like they are taking tags away form others, if there are tags left late, then those who wanted them should have already gotten them. I think those guys are just throwing money away. I don't see it as taking away from others.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:20 PM

If you have no intentions on using the tags you shouldn't get them, the WMU that i hunt in was out in 3 days the chances of me having a tag are slim. I don't know why someone would get a tag and not use it. I cost me alot of money every year to go hunting and to only narrow my chances only makes it worse. granted the money isn't the point it's the fact that if I don't get a doe tag then I can only hunt a buck which makes my chances lower,meanwhile theres someone with a tag that they are never going to use.

Quick Reply: Buying doe tags...just because you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.