Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Monmouth county Park Permits >

Monmouth county Park Permits

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Monmouth county Park Permits

Old 08-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default Monmouth county Park Permits

Went yesterday and picked up my park permit for the monmouth county hunts.......so far 3 days in they have a total of 18 permits issued, and turned away a half dozen people for inadequate information.....

I don't think many people are going to take advantage of this, because of the limited time and deer restrictions being put in place. But for those of us who do go, I think it should be a good time to put some meat in the freezer.

[:-]
Old 08-18-2004, 12:36 PM

Default RE: Monmouth county Park Permits

i have a friend in freehold, nj. tell me more bout this hunt and is there a website. i might give it a shot...esp if it is bow only and the hun is the last 2 weeks of oct into nov. i have never hunted NJ, but have been invited to hunt private places. i never have had the time. to many places to hunt and not enough time to hunt them...i guess that is a good thing
Old 08-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-18-2004, 02:45 PM

I went yesterday for my permits also, i must of went right after you because i was number 20.
They just started giving out permits on monday and there is 3 locations where you can get them so i am sure you can add alot more to the 20 so far.
after all this is New Jersey and everything is crowded here.
What i dont understand is that they are not putting a limit on the number of permits they are giving out you could end up at a spot with a ton of other guys.
Good Luck
Old 08-18-2004, 04:10 PM

I went over to the Resevoir yesterday to get mine. The first day they were available, they said they gave out 20. I'll be hunting Shark River Park. It's only about 2 minutes down the road from me. The only thing about Shark River is that there is only 47 acres open there, and I already know of about 5 friends planning to hunt there. So, I have a feeling in that little area, there will be a lot of people. Gun season in these parks are going to be crazy I think. There will be a lot of people in these parks, it's going to be rough. On the other hand, since there will be so many people in all these parks, the state lands and other management areas are going to be a little more free to hunt.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:57 PM

thanks..for the info guys..and good luck to u all
Old 08-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Well I know that Thompson Park HQ is issuing permits for Thompson Park, Harthsorne Woods, and Turkey Swamp, and have only issued 20......thats not alot for those 3 big parks....

so eeryone stay away and leave it all to us 20 or so....
Old 08-19-2004, 04:13 PM

They are giving out permits for every park not just those three, once you get a permit you can hunt all the parks listed that is why you check off what parks that you think you are going to hunt so that they have an idea on how to staff the parks.
And you can bet your a$$ that they all will be packed by the time season comes around.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: BowHunterChris

I went over to the Resevoir yesterday to get mine. The first day they were available, they said they gave out 20. I'll be hunting Shark River Park. It's only about 2 minutes down the road from me. The only thing about Shark River is that there is only 47 acres open there, and I already know of about 5 friends planning to hunt there. So, I have a feeling in that little area, there will be a lot of people. Gun season in these parks are going to be crazy I think. There will be a lot of people in these parks, it's going to be rough. On the other hand, since there will be so many people in all these parks, the state lands and other management areas are going to be a little more free to hunt.
Without any way to contol the # of hunters in the parks each day & in each park could make for some dicy situations. All who participate in this hunt good luck & be careful.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:50 PM

Could out of state hunters apply for these areas? If yes, could you give me some info on how to.

THANKS

Quick Reply: Monmouth county Park Permits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.