Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any Acorns this year in Central PA?? >

Any Acorns this year in Central PA??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any Acorns this year in Central PA??

Old 08-15-2004, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default Any Acorns this year in Central PA??

Just wondering if there are any Acorns this year in Central PA?? If so, are they still up or starting to fall already? Large or small? Last year was pretty bleak and the deer were in the fields and farmlands instead of their usual spots, so curious as to how this year is. Thanks for any info. Pinwheel 12
Old 08-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Spike

Default RE: Any Acorns this year in Central PA??

[X(][X(]Acorns are real spotty here in my area of tioga co. but a little better than last year,,, starting to see a few drop now
Old 08-16-2004, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Darkhollowarcher! I hunt Centre County and that hurricane or whatever it was last year raised heck with what mast crop was there, so the deer were "down low" on grass. Just trying to plan ahead a bit for this year. Thanks again, have a great season! Pinwheel 12
Old 08-16-2004, 04:51 AM

Hey Pinweel where at in Centre County do you hunt? I live in Milesburg which is just off of route 80, in Centre County.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hardwoods I am headed up to Beech Creek Mountain this week end am going to check around up there for mast.....
Old 08-16-2004, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

PA Hardwoods-

We are just down the road from you--we hunt The Rush township area and also down in Julian and Martha Furnace. Small world, huh? Good luck this season! Pinwheel 12
Old 09-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

Any updates on the acorn crop?? "What it look like?"
Old 09-02-2004, 11:16 AM

Hey Pinwheel 12, that's cool you hunt so close, infact Closer than you think. I do the majority of my hunting just off of route 220 just ouside of Julian, on a farm going up Steele Hollow Road. which is just down from Marthas Furnace. Maybe when you come down for the season we could get together and kick a few back. As for the Acorn Crop, it is patchy. Some trees are producing very well while others are not, Probably due to the ridiculus amount of rain we have had this year. I was out the other night moving some stands and really didn't hear or see any falling yet. But the deer I saw looked very healthy, but they were heading for the farm fields. Well good luck this season and drop me aline when you head down this way, I would love to get together and put a face with the name on this board.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

PAHardwoods--

Thanks for the info---yep, you are not far from where we hunt at all, and from the sounds the deer are on about the same feeding pattern they were last year due to the spotty nut crop---this helps alot with our strategy and saves time when we get there so thanks again! We are staying up near Black Moshannon on 504. I will be sure to give you a PM before we come down so we can meet, that would be great-- we have four of us going this year--- been going for many years and have only missed a couple. It's a great vacation time for me in some beautiful country. Pinwheel 12
Old 09-05-2004, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

here in SW PA they arent that plentiful either , the apples and pears are tho , the apples and stuff are everywhere , even beach nuts are everywhere , but no acrons!

Quick Reply: Any Acorns this year in Central PA??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.