Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa, not many

Old 08-04-2004, 06:06 PM

Default RE: pa, not many

So Gary's answer to this is to decimate the deer population in public forests, in hopes that a bush or two will grow? Of course, now I see!
Old 08-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

So are the above stated numbers DPFSM? or DPSM? I know there is a big difference, but from what I read there it is DPSM.

And to clarify my zone is 2D, I still estimated and said 4, as I've never seen .2 of a buck(well unless you count seeing them splattered on the turnpike) It is nothing to ride around my loop and see 40-50 deer with 10-15 bucks, and that's with the corn still standing.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:48 AM

I am going to post the data that shows the deer harvests per square mile for each of the WMU i
Old 08-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

So then why did you add the post telling me about the per forested square mile stuff????? A square mile is a square mile, forest or field. True a city square mile isn't going to have a harvest of a completely forested place. Say accounting for "citified areas" the actually harvest for huntable areas doubles. 30 some minus 8.4 bucks, still leaves a ton of bucks for me to hunt.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Lefty26

I love reading these Gary Alt conspiracy theory threads. I think your deer are being abducted by aliens, who are working with Gary Alt on a secret project to create super strain of buck that will be re-introduced to PA. You guys just need to be patient and wait for Gary and the aliens to finish. Antler restrictions are just a diversional tactic so the real truth isnt discovered.
Lefty, I hope your snotty reply was not directed to me. I didn't say there is any consiracy, and I certainly don't think "us guys in pa" need to be slimed by any dirtbags in Maryland.

that aside, I see most of the replys are of little substance and a lot of rhetoric. Much like Penna's plan to manage deer. Give Dr. Alt a little time? How about we are into six years with Dr. Alt at the helm and our hunting has never been worse.

Seeing very few deer and three years of straight declining buck harvests, and we are looking at a fourth based on scouting so far this summer.

Its easy to be flippant and try to say give it time but we don't really need poor hunting for the next thirty years sport. Sure its not your state, so smart assed remarks are a dime a dozen, but those that get to be part of the lower harvests again this year aren't real pleased.

Things could be worse though........we could be stuck hunting Maryland.....
Old 08-05-2004, 12:31 PM

I'm PA born and raised son, been hunting PA for 20 years, always see deer always get deer. Pre-Alt, during Alt, post Alt dont matter to me, I put in the time to find the deer and get er done. My point is, dont make excuses, take the hand your dealt and play it, I never hear any of the "GOOD" PA hunters I know complaining. I wouldnt bust on MD, we have so many deer in this state even a joker like you could bag one or 2.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:38 PM

The DPSM was in the original post or I wouldn't have been able to post it. My original post was not edited. If you don't belive me I can provide a link to where it was originally posted.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:40 AM

I never hear any of the "GOOD" PA hunters I know complaining.
So, if anyone disagrees with you, he must be a lousy hunter??
Old 08-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lefty26

I love reading these Gary Alt conspiracy theory threads. I think your deer are being abducted by aliens, who are working with Gary Alt on a secret project to create super strain of buck that will be re-introduced to PA. You guys just need to be patient and wait for Gary and the aliens to finish. Antler restrictions are just a diversional tactic so the real truth isnt discovered.
ORIGINAL: livbucks

I heard that too! They are developing a carnivorous deer. Has 6 inch fangs and hunts YOU by smell. Oh, and the antlers are blaze orange.
ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I've heard that they are clandestinely importing abbagoochies in from West, by God, Virginia since the coyote stocking program has not had the desired results in decimating the deer herd.
Personally, I enjoy reading comments like these... they keep things jolly. Aliens, orange antlers and the dreaded "abbagoochies". (LOL) There ya have it. Yep, it's outta the bag. All the while I thought I was the only one who knew of this top secret PGC conspiracy.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:09 PM

I never hear any of the "GOOD" PA hunters I know complaining.
So, if anyone disagrees with you, he must be a lousy hunter??
[/quote]

Thats not what I meant. You guys may be right there may be less deer, you may not be able to park and walk 50 yds from your truck to see deer in PA now. Good hunters dont complain they get out there, do their scouting and find the deer. There are still deer in the woods you just may have to work a little harder to find them, thats why they call it HUNTING and not shooting......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.