Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Finally, some trout in a Pennsylvania stream! >

Finally, some trout in a Pennsylvania stream!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Finally, some trout in a Pennsylvania stream!

Old 05-07-2004, 08:34 PM

Default Finally, some trout in a Pennsylvania stream!

Thats right guys, the Fish and Boat Commission finally put some trout in the streams around here. I went up to Little Mahonning at 2:30 p.m. yesterday and in the "deep hole", I layed into the trout. I caught 10, my best friend caught 7, my girlfriend caught 4, and my grandfather caught 3.

The crazy thing is that the trout weren't hitting[:-] I swear, this hole had to have had a couple hundred trout in it. I was using a Yo-Zuri minnow and I kept getting trout tailing and making passes at the lure, but they just didn't want to hit! I was having 10 trout following the lure at one time.

Just figured that I would let you guys know that finally, I am starting to see some good numbers of trout!
Old 05-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally, some trout in a Pennsylvania stream!

tahts good to hear , i prolly wont make it out for trout for atleast 3 weeks , due to hockey tryouts and turkey hunting , but atleast we know they r out there , maybe people got discouraged , and they stocked again and there is little pressure
Old 05-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally, some trout in a Pennsylvania stream!

Maybe it's your lure. You seem to be stuck on that minnow, and not having any luck....hmmm...weren't you the same guy that basically gave up turkey hunting because your tactics didn't work on a particular longbeard

Seriously, here in CT the stockies have switched over to natural bait. The spinners and worms/minnows are still catching fish, but me and a few of my advisors went out last week and killed them with the fly rods. Emerging caddis and midges were filling up the big uns' innerds, and there should be some good hatches soon...

The water temp here is only 55 in a small stream by my house, and usually it's a bit warmer (~58) by now. Perhaps your water temp is low with the cooler Spring, and your fish are just not active yet?