Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 crossbow help in new york >

crossbow help in new york

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

crossbow help in new york

Old 04-06-2004, 09:14 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default crossbow help in new york

Ladies and Gentleman i need your help, after 43 yrs of bow hunting my body just can do it any more. i would like it, if you would call or write our state representatives and ask them to pass the crossbow bills they have recieved. I know this will get a few peoples goat, but let us not fight amongst over selves, we have to unite together as sports people so the anti's do'nt win. thanks rich WAKE UP NEW YORK
Old 04-06-2004, 09:50 AM

Default RE: crossbow help in new york

rich use this symbol as a symbol not to fight but to unite!

Old 04-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-06-2004, 01:56 PM

I agree, I would like to see a little more on this bill as well.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:05 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Here are a couple of bill no's. S1333 sponsored by senator George Maziarz and assemblywoman Francine DelMonte, and A9746 sponsored by Crouch.You can get to all there e mail sites by www. assembly state ny.us and www. senate state ny. us. The hard ball seems to be the new york bowhunter association and Sen.Carl L. Marcellino. Send as many assemblymen and women and senators, that you support all the crossbow legislation. Thanks a ton rich GOOD HUNTING
Old 04-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-06-2004, 09:30 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

I love my bow but I say crossbows for everybody. What is the difference between a crossbow and a compound? Who cares how you take the deer so long as you do not break any rules? If a crossbow means increased accuracy (through ease of use and scope - I do not know... never used one), then perhaps there will be less deer hit and lost like there is with bows. It's like the old rule about no scopes on muzzleloaders. How ridiculous was that? NY finally woke up and changed the law. The same should happen with crossbow. It's only a matter of time.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

RWK, I don't know of your exact physical reasons for not being able to use a bow. But have you tried contacting New York Bowhunters? They have a special Physically Challenged commitee, that is more then willing to help out physically unabled persons shoot a bow. They have done wonders for many, many people. They often display the special equipment at sportsman shows.
I've been involved in the crossbow issue for the past several yrs. Personally I don't agree with the many reason crossbow manufacturers have proclaimed to get their foot in the door of NYS to fill their pockets of $. Cross Bow manufacturers want to invade our archery seasons to sell their products. They don't care about ethics of our archery sport.
Personally I don't have a problem with someone whose absolutely unable to draw a bow to continue hunting during archery season if they have exhausted all other efforts. To use a cross bow.
But I do have a problem with capable hunters using a weapon thats obviously a advantage to our present archery equipment in the woods. A crossbow is always cocked, and loaded. Shoulder held, fired by a stock trigger mechanism. Its capable of greater poundages, and speeds. Its distance accuracy has a longer range. It can be scoped. Simply put its NOT A BOW.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:37 AM

I can see already that this is going to get ugly......[:'(]

Quick Reply: crossbow help in new york

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.