Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DEC has it figured out!! >

DEC has it figured out!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DEC has it figured out!!

Old 04-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DEC has it figured out!!

I think the real problem is regional like someone else suggested. It is probably a difficult task to segrate each county with different management practices, but my God the areas that are not as dense as others could be a huge discrepancy!! It seems to me like they are taking the overpopulated regions and implementing management practices based on controlling those. Well what about the zones that are not as dense or struggling with their deer herd?? What happens to that population? It suffers in accordance with a blanket management program geared towards managing over populated areas. So basically they bring the numbers to an acceptable level in dense areas and mutilate the population in areas that are currentely struggling with the herd. Why cant' the bring balance to all zones involved??
i'm not sure what you are exactly saying, but they do try and regulate population regionally (locally). that is what the DMUs are for. That is why some areas have high doe permit allocations and others have lower and some have none (why 7J has high second chance for a permit and 7M has no chance and why you can't shoot doe in the Adirondacks). Granted, some of that is do to hunting pressure, but the bottom line is that the doe permit allocations are meant to help decreas/balance the population.

I'm not sure if this is what you were talking about, but thought i'd mention it anyway.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

steve - again, you just don't get it! those aren't deer. maybe funny colored cows, escaped llamas, or mirages. don't try and fool us with your tricks.

Old 04-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer are black and white - right?

Steve
Old 04-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

one other point - i spent a weekend with my buddy in Owasco (they had the best season ever - 2 wall hangers, couple other buck, and a few doe - and saw many more) I too, saw the biggest deer I have ever seen (didn't get a second gimpse, let alone a shot [:@])
Old 04-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh Lord well it's very simple Auburn isn't a very big area right?? Let me know where on East Lake road you are seeing these herds of deer and I'll check it out myself. Or we could meet at Tom Thumb and go from there?? What do you say? Talk is cheap!!!! I'm flexible show me where you are seeing these "herds" of deer and I'll admit I am dead wrong.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

OHhhhhhhhhh Steve!! I see you were viewing the thread and weren't very receptive to my offer?? Didn't respond? Why is that? I'd like to meet you at sunrise or sunset and you can show me these fields with the "herds" of deer? What do you say?
Old 04-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ken
Wasn't sure your post was to me. I wasn't trying to challange you - was simply citing my observations in the 3 or 4 mile radius around me. I listed the roads and route I drove tonight. For you, go south on East Lake to Rockefeller - east on Riley, Hall or Durea to Oak Hill and do block grids. If you would like more detailed directions, then let me know.
Ease up

Steve
Old 04-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

DB - you get more and more childish with ever post.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just got back from another drive - south of Auburn on Rockefellow Rd - up Hall rd to Oak Hill south to next right back to Rockefellow. Saw3 different herds of 15+ - 2 herds of 8+ and probably 25 more deer in groups of 2 or 3. 80 + deer not counting the 9 feeding in the field behind my house near Church Rd. This area recieves moderate archery pressure and intense gun pressure. The state land bordering Corrigan Rd lies in the middle and prvides good access. Come to one of the Moravia Bowhunter 3d shoots this summer and I'll give you a tour
Right OK Elvis I'll see ya there.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: DEC has it figured out!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.