Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 anyone besides me tired of reading about PA deer? >

anyone besides me tired of reading about PA deer?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

anyone besides me tired of reading about PA deer?

Old 03-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default anyone besides me tired of reading about PA deer?

sorry PA guys, i respect the fact that that you are very, very passionate about deer hunting within PA and the changes you are going through.. i feel the same way here in VT about our herd. BUT, just for one day, let's talk about something else, perhaps fishing off the Cape( never done it), or what it is like to dove hunt, somewhere. or how a trip went out west, or in Canada. all you guys do is go back and forth, understandably so. some like alt's changes, some don't. some agree with the pgc numbers, some don't. i know there are others that feel the same way about this, i hope they speak up too. since turkey season is almost here, tell us a story, without naming the state, about last season's hunt. and if you must chew me out for posting this, leave me a little bit of my butt, would ya?
Old 03-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: anyone besides me tired of reading about PA deer?

VT, relax man we love our PA huntin and are passionate about our sport and our Herd.

I love Vermont to0 man!!! Beautiful state!!! As is NH and Maine!! and Upstate NY also (LOVE THE DACKS!!!) Tough huntin but the deer are BIG!!!

How is the smallie fishin in Lake Champlain?????
Old 03-22-2004, 06:05 PM

If you're talking about Hatteras ,save your money. It was the worst deep sea trip I ever had. My nephew went last month for tuna and also got shunked . some guys love it but I'll never go again.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

im from jersey and have a cabin in pennsy . deer hunting is a way of life you can never talk enough about it
Old 03-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys, that's a good start..ilbback, i don't usually go on champlain for bass, i have before, but found much better fishing for them on the small lakes and ponds, dd i meant actually cape cod, but either way, my stomach hates big water, my heart doesn't, but stomach does. i do a rather nice job of chumming though. i would rather try for salmon on the salmon river in pulaski than hit the lake or ocean. don't get me wrong, i think it's great you guys are so into it about your herd, but a breather never hurts anyone.
Pat
Old 03-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

SOooooo sick and tired of the complaining. It has pretty much all but ruined the Pa messageboard.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

You mean there is life outside of deer hunting in PA?

I will go half way. How about a positive note? I was just reading the PA Outdoor news and saw an article where a local hunter took a monster buck scoring somewhere around 187 and change Pope and Young. A beautiful animal.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:48 AM

And wasn't there an albino buck taken in the southeast this year also? Me? Complain? I love deer hunting in PA!
Old 03-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

and Upstate NY also (LOVE THE DACKS!!!) Tough huntin but the deer are BIG!!!
What are you talking about NYers are all city boys!!!

I don't mind the Pa deer talk it's cool seeing a group interested in their deer like that.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:09 AM

Sounds good to me. What all do you hunt and fish for in Vermont. Is their a moose population?/ Moose season? I think I read that Moose are in Vermont so what is the population doing? What's your bear population like? Small game- snowshoe hares?? Coyote hunting. Do a lotta folks run dogs for fox/coyotes? Ok. I did my part. If you don't respond in kind I'll have to find some ALTernate topic to discuss, and I am interested in the questions I posed. So let us know! Thanks, Juniorpc.

Quick Reply: anyone besides me tired of reading about PA deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.