Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
What group of hunters would you fall under? >

What group of hunters would you fall under?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What group of hunters would you fall under?

Old 02-16-2002, 09:03 PM

Default RE: What group of hunters would you fall under?

group 3. bow27 what part of the state do you hunt, down in the southerntier there are alot of deer. i see alot of bucks duriing bow and alot of does during shotgun.

good hunting
Old 02-21-2002, 03:38 PM

I fall into group 1 and am proud of it. I wasn't around in the 40's or the 50's or the 60's or the 70's or the 80's or the 90's. I pay $101 a year for 1 buck tag. I want a deer. I really wouldn't care if it was a buck or a doe just a deer. I hunt the big woods and unfortunately the drop in deer numbers had coresponded with a huge decline in hunters. Maybe if there were more deer we'd have more hunters. Just a thought.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:28 PM

It's true, but do you manage the herd for hunter satisfaction or deer health? That is what they refer to a resource first philosophy.
Old 02-22-2002, 06:06 AM

To place yourself in one of the described groups would also be agreeing with the author's point of view that all other than the last are ignorant or misguided. Out of spite I will say none of the above.
Old 02-22-2002, 08:02 AM

If it walks like a duck.....
Old 02-24-2002, 04:52 PM
Host of Hosts

Last group
Old 02-26-2002, 07:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Maine: that was exactly my first thoughts. The article/discriptions of each group are definitely slanted to make you appear to be a lesser man if you disagree. I would include myself in group 4 if I didn't have to attack the other groups in doing so. And why do I "have to have hunted well managed herds in other states....." etc to fall into this group. Yup it's a self serving classification that was designed to belittle everyone who didn't jump on the band wagon whole heartedly. You can belong to group 4 and think like group 1. How anyone can state that group 2 or 3 is totally wrong is beyond me. At least from my point of view. This article was written by a State Biologist..... yet they AREN'T doing what's best for the herds in their approach. If they wanted to really practice QDM they would do it, and not worry about how much money can we make from extra tags. They're being a bit two faced and now this guy says if you don't think like me you're stupid and unenlightened and a lesser person. Bullhockey... we disagree is all. Somewhere in the middle is a good place. What the heck is wrong with group 3 that he feels they aren't performing? I guess we're not vocal enough there. In short we can disagree and still both have valid points. That doesn't mean he's right and I'm wrong. He isn't practicing or proposing TRUE QDM to begin with so why is his group necessarily the ONLY group. He's be exclusionary in his classification. He's fostering disention and a fight. Make one group with different ideas. When you start your persuasive arguement with "You're a F---ing dummy" I tune you out.

Edited by - davidmil on 02/26/2002 08:09:14
Old 02-26-2002, 06:47 PM

davidmil-Thanks. I was starting to think I was the only observant "duck" in this flock of birds.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would defintely fall into group #4. I always strive to shoot only mature deer and small or immature deer get a free pass by me.

I also noticed the claim by the author that the deer population has been declining the past 2 decades. Funny how the estimates each year show there to be more deer than ever!
Old 02-27-2002, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

Group 4, no question.

Quick Reply: What group of hunters would you fall under?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.