Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA RUMORS

Old 03-12-2004, 04:01 PM

Default PA RUMORS

i have herd form several ppl that pa was thinkin about makeing the rifle season into a slug gun/inline season. . . . .anyone else hear this or know if it is or isnty true?
Old 03-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA RUMORS

I think you'll see a "Flying Pig Season" before the PGC tries to take some 700,000 odd rifles out of the woods.........you think there was an uproar over Antler Restrictions? [:-] I'd like to see someone tell Ol' Billy Bob on one of the farms here in York co. that he has to hang up his pump .30-06.
I doubt we will ever see something like that........although the mindset and decision making process does leave a bit to be desired.

Besides.......what purpose would the change serve in the grand scheme of things?
Old 03-12-2004, 06:00 PM

There is no chance that will happen state wide. Alt is up to his butt in alligators right now and he doesn't want to get anymore hunters up in arms against him. Just think how many older hunters would quit if he did that.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

not gonna happen!

Although I'm kinda surprised it didn't happen in 2b when they went from counties to WMU's. Maybe like fawn said, they got enough change going on?
Old 03-13-2004, 05:44 AM

ok just wanting to see what everyone else thinks
Old 03-13-2004, 07:03 AM
Host of Hosts

I think if they tried that Pa hunters would get very angry. They don't need to muddy the water with gun restrictions
Old 03-13-2004, 06:39 PM

I think in the near distant future,you will see some curtailment of the General Rifle season,for Center Fire Rifles,due to New Housing development.Mountain area's will probally see no changes.Being a RifleHunter,as well as Archery,which is my prefered choice,it really doesn't concern me,whatever they decide to do.With the new muzzle Loaders,you really aren't giving up,a whole lot,only distance.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:42 AM
Host of Hosts

Being a RifleHunter,as well as Archery,which is my prefered choice,it really doesn't concern me,whatever they decide to do.With the new muzzle Loaders,you really aren't giving up,a whole lot,only distance.

I think you are missing the point! How many restrictions are we going to allow them to impose on us before we get mad and stand up?

On the muzzle loader issue... You might have an advantage in range , over shotguns not rifles,but you are limited to one shot. i'm not saying that one shot shouldn't do it for your ethical hunters who only take "good" shots, but there is still the average guy who doesn't spend enough time at the range and needs some follow up shots. Could you imagine how many deer could run off somewhere and die without being recovered? Not something I want to think about!
Old 03-15-2004, 07:55 AM

At least you folks respond to rumors much the same as you do actual management directions being taken... with passion, albiet little thought.
With that said, There are many valid reasons, other than limiting our rights and lining the pockets of the Shotgun manufacturers, for making some areas, or parts of some areas shotgun only. Do I want to see it, no, will it be different,yes, difficult to accept, yes, needed.. in some areas yes. Well enough of reasonable talk.
Hey I understand that Dolphins get caught by mistake in the net, so thier groups trying to eliminate the use of nets. Anyone know where i get in touch with these groups cause I'm advocating a world without the NET, oh, sorry, I'm mean nets. Juniorpc.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

The rumor is almost assuredly false. This is one pill I can guarantee you that the PGC would not get the sportsman to swallow.

On the other hand, it would not bother me one bit.

Quick Reply: PA RUMORS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.