Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 back from my 2 day PA shopping spree..... >

back from my 2 day PA shopping spree.....

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

back from my 2 day PA shopping spree.....

Old 02-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default back from my 2 day PA shopping spree.....

...and boy am I whipped. 3 hour drive and 8 hours at the Outdoor Show and then 5.5 hrs at Cabelas and then a visit to Gander Mt. for kicks the next day. I really like the Outdoor Show. Always find something to pick up (got some neat stuff and many things I probably didn't need). Didn't find as many deals as I was hoping for, but still fun and interesting (wish they would turn the heat down!). my 3rd time to Cabelas (2nd in PA). got there at 8 am sharp and boy was it nice to have the place "to myself" for a bit. Again, spent too much. However, I am suprised at the stuff I couldn't get (sight paint, some bow supplies, and a couple other things) and the lack of selection in certain products (bow peep sights, some fishing stuff, etc.). Still a fun place to shop. Didn't do much better at GM. they were restocking for fishing season and the place was a bit "out-of-sorts". Well, I'll have to wait a whole year for the fun again (however, I bet i'll be back to Cabelas before then??)
Old 02-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: back from my 2 day PA shopping spree.....

Thatta Boy, way to stimulate the economy.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:56 PM

doughboy.......I went to Cabelas on monday[the 10th].I was in heaven.Yes, it was my first time,so I was a virgin.We were there for 4.5hrs and still didnt see everything!!!! I had my buddy with me so he told me about the other half.I went on the Cabelas site,and made a great wish list.But ,like you said,that particular store didnt carry it.I spent $300 on fishing,turkey hunting,and a duck call that I have been looking for.
They didnt have the snow camo,ghillie --do it ur self package, and the Rocky hiking boots that I seen on the website.Thats $325 less that I spent.So now I have to order it online and pay shipping fees.
But all in all, I cant wait to go back.They have a great resturant,fish tanks and displays also.Its 1hr 45min,from my house,but the best time to go is on the weekdays,so I have to wait til the work gets slow[like now].
It just chaps my ass,that I had the money in my hand, and already spent,and they didnt have what they said they had,on the site.
Great time though!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 03:55 AM

Thats $325 less that I spent.So now I have to order it online and pay shipping fees.
But you saved on state tax ($19.50)!
Old 02-15-2004, 10:38 PM

But you saved on state tax ($19.50)
That was already figured in,actually save a few bucks ordering.But the thing is,I dont have any credit cards[they are evil,but my X-wife had a few,thats one of the reasons she`s my X].So now that I have this money sitting on my dresser,It might have to go to something dumb like,bills....and all that other crap.My bro-in-law helps me out with the credit card situation,he orders and I give him cash.We just have to git together.
My theory is,"spend it now,cause you probably wont get around to do it later".
Old 02-16-2004, 03:38 AM

I was at cabelas a few weeks ago, the store was great! But I was very disapointed in the selection of bows. There are a few small shops around here that have more bows than cabelas had.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

got there at 8 am sharp and boy was it nice to have the place "to myself" for a bit.
I probably drove right past ya. Me and a few friends headed down to the sports show yesterday morning and we were heading by Cabelas about that time. Small world. I had fun at the sports show as well...bought a few things...outfit for my son, spotting scope, etc... but behaved myself mostly.

I hope to head back up to Cabelas some time this week as I have to return an item or two. Definitely worth the trip.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I'm still alive by later this week, (I think I have the flu or something?) I plan to head to Cabelas again myself.
My birthday is Wednesday and my parents surprised me with a card in the mail......oh yeah it had a big fat 3 digit+ Cabela's gift card in it.[]
I think my wife had something to do with it so I sense some more coming on Wednesday for my actual birthday!
To go along with my $20 one I got for Christmas this could be one heck of a guilt free trip!

I was at the Harrisburg Show on Saturday and only picked up a few things......I FINALLY after years of looking, handling, and walking away wishing I would have, picked up one of those beautiful custom Knives from "JRJ" knifemakers. Nice PA guy at that, and the knife is a piece of functional art.
That and some flytying material in a whole day might be a record for me though.
Crowd didn't seem to bad either.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:36 AM

I found it easier to go to Cabela's, they have most of the same gear at about the same price as the outdoor show.
Polack
Old 03-02-2004, 08:21 PM

The show was so busy, but Cabelas is too.

Quick Reply: back from my 2 day PA shopping spree.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.