Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY Southern zone >

NY Southern zone

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Southern zone

Old 12-19-2003, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default NY Southern zone

I heard a rumor that they are going to allow rifles next year in the southern zone does anybody know if there is any truth to that ?
Old 12-19-2003, 01:12 PM
jf5

Default RE: NY Southern zone

Huge discussion on this at WWW.HUNTNY.NET
Old 12-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

Seems like it will never pass but it doesnt make sense in that the entire shotgun area is less populated than areas such as Orange County. I could almost see Orange County go to shotguns with everything else remaining the same.

Check out shotgun states like Iowa and Illinois. I hunted ILL twice and you could certainly use a rifle if allowed due to remoteness. However, they credit shotguns only as part of their success for big bucks.

Bob--from shotgun Jersey.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:59 PM

orange and sullivan are rifle and delaware county is shotgun .go figure
Old 12-19-2003, 11:19 PM

I've heard that that legislation is dead, and that's fine with me. We don't need rifles to kill Deer around here. If they think that this would increase the harvest, yeah, maybe of hunters! Keep all the yahoos from the city East of the Susquehanna River and out of my backyard!!!
Old 12-20-2003, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

I agree in the past 20 or so years of hunting I have never shot beyond 75 yards most of the places that I hunt would be impossible to even see a deer beyond that
Old 12-20-2003, 08:26 AM

The bill is sponsored by Dale Volker. It's S2326A. You can go to the NYS website: http://assembly.state.ny.us to look up its status.
Seems to me that if all the PA. hunters aren't shootin' themselves, we shouldn't be any worse off. There are less NYS hunters out there now and we're not doing ourselves any good by throwing up more roadblocks to the guys & gals that do hunt.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why do you feel it will bring in more hunters?

In my area it would proably make it harder to get permission to hunt,to be honest.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I prefer not having bullets fly 200 - 300 yards. It's bad enough out there with slugs. This would be a mistake of epic proportions. Honestely if it passed there would be one less hunter in the woods during gun. ME!! I'll do what I have to do during bow and get the flock out of there.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:31 AM

Again, look at Pa. Same terrain, same type of shot opportunities. Please, read the proposal. It spells out the areas where rifles will be allowed. The passion expressed here should be used to unseat Hilliary. Now there's your real threat to hunting.

Quick Reply: NY Southern zone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.