Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Good season in Central NY for me >

Good season in Central NY for me

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Good season in Central NY for me

Old 12-14-2003, 03:16 PM

Default Good season in Central NY for me

First post to this site...... wanted to tell everyone about my opening day of shotgun here in central NY!
Shot a medium size 9pt. rack 162lb. buck at 11:00am and then shot a doe 3hrs and 45min. later out the of same stand. The gut piles where less than a hundred yards apart! Go's to show..... patients and desire pay off. I feel very lucky and wanted to share with my fellow hunters about my good luck!
Hang in there you just never know when they'll show.
Hunt hard
Hunt safe
Old 12-14-2003, 06:21 PM

Default RE: Good season in Central NY for me

Lives2hunt071 That the way to fly two on one day nice going
Myself in n.y.s. this season seen only one small doe on the opening week,so small I let her pass.Next year I will take the trip into the western part of the state if i deer hunt in n.y.
This year in PA I scored with two deer both taken with a m/l ,one in the early season (doe) and a nice 8 pointer with a inside spread of 20 inches during the regular season.
My point of view is the deer heards in the catskill area are gone ,deer are few and far between .I really think that the large amount of anterless permit issued over the years destroyed the deer heards.
This year again there were about 20 guys in the camp that hunt private land and the opening week did not harvest one deer.