Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mckean Co. Pa

Old 11-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mckean Co. Pa

Hey guys i will be headed up there this weekend to hunt the first and second day of buck at our camp in Mckean Co. I was jsut wondering if anyone will be up that way , or attending the BIG BUCK contest monday night at the sewage treatment plant jsut outside of Kane. My camp is approximatley 7 miles outside of Kane, i cant wait for the rituals of small game hunting saturday , playin cards at night , shooting in the rifles sunday , cleaning guns and gettin everything ready , then i cant wait for the sound of the alarm buzzing early monday morning. Does anyone know if we are gettin snow up there? If anyone is goin up there let me know!

Good Luck
Old 11-24-2003, 03:59 PM

Default RE: Mckean Co. Pa

Hi DoubleLung55,

As of now the weather channel on line is reporting the following for Kane PA:

Mon Dec 01 Showers 57°/33°
Tue Dec 02 Snow 44°/27°
Wed Dec 03 Partly Cloudy 43°/33°

It is still a week away, so I am sure this will change, hopefully to our advantage but not as cold as last year' s opening day.. I hunt in Eldred (McKean County) where it was -3 last year. My water bottle froze, the quads were hard to start, but rest assured I was out there all day.

Less than 1 week away, I can' t wait!!

Old 11-24-2003, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ll be in Eldred as well for the first couple days with Lady Bow Hunter. As she said, last year' s season opener was a cold one. The quads wouldn' t start, water bottles froze, boots froze, everything froze!

I' m heading up Saturday morning after i get off work.. The bucks are already shakin in thier hooves cause Sneeky Schneider' s Hunting & Fishing team will be locked and loaded and ready to roll come Monday!
Old 11-25-2003, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mon
Dec 01 Few Showers 52°/27° 30 % precip.

Tue
Dec 02 Snow Shower 43°/22° 50 % precip.

That' s the current forcast for Kane.....It' ll change again I' sure. Don' t worry about the weather yet, it' s too far away to get worked up over not-so-great conditions.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will be heading up either saturday nigth , or sunday afternoon, All depends on how the hockey team does in the thanksgiving tourny. Atleast my dad gets off for the first day , they are giving the heavy highway construction workers the day off . But as for now , im jsut concentrating on getting over this lil cold i have , my parents let me stay home from school today to recooperate, but due to only being the second day off school this year , i will be able to stay the second day also. Hopefully ill be pulling ol" mossy horns out of the woods and takin him up to the Contest. Maybe ill have a second year winning the money in the local buck polls.