Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any Western Pa Hunters? >

Any Western Pa Hunters?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any Western Pa Hunters?

Old 11-20-2003, 08:14 PM

Default Any Western Pa Hunters?

Hey,

I' m 16, and live in Butler county, western PA, and was wandering if anyone lived around here. Lots of woods around my house, and I' m out every chance I get, whenther it' s small game hunting, deer hunting, or fly-fishing. next fall, if eveyrhting goes right, I hope to get into archery because t' s another excuse to be in the woods every second possible.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Western Pa Hunters?

I' m about 30-45min away from you. I live in Monroeville. Definately alot of good hunting and fishing spots out your way. Every year my wife and I head out to the big fair in Butler and I tell her someday I' m going to find a spot to hunt out there.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:38 PM

Yah, tons of great places up here, the only problem is getting there because I don' t have my liscence yet, and no-one hnts or fishes near as much as I do in my family, soI' m stuck hunting and fishing the few areas around my house. The only complaint I have hear is a lot of hunters from the cities that never get out in the woods come up around here to do wut they call hunting, which usually includes shooting a few boxes of shells, ruining everyone else' s day out of ignorance, and not even caring.[:' (]
Old 11-20-2003, 09:13 PM

Im in Warren co. Well, I will be for christmas and late archery.

savage
get a bow man. There is NOTHING like archery hunting. Gives you five more weeks of hunting, every day. And I feel for ya on the city folk. Right now I am one of em. Nothing like having your own land to hunt and live on. But hey, I would rather have them living in the city than having a neighbor, even though I got some hunting my land without permission.

Old 11-21-2003, 04:02 AM

I live in Allegheny county (Plum to be precise). I hear you about Butler county
pa-savage. I hunt a lot in Greene county and also do some hunting in your neighboring county of Venango. I have made the trip up and down 38 for many many years. I wish you good luck and by all means, get into bowhunting if you have the opportunity. It' s a great time to be in the woods. Jim
Old 11-21-2003, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jim I grew up in Plum. Used to live on Old Leechburg Rd. for close to 17 years.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeremy or jimimac, are either of you a member at logans ferry sportsman?
I work in monroeville, live near deer lakes park.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Warren, but grew up in Lucinda, Clarion County. There' s a ton of good hunting and fishing down your way. I' ll second what Tabby said....archery is the greatest thrill on Earth as far as I' m concerned.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:12 AM

Sounds like myself wimp and JeramyK all live pretty close to each other. That' s cool. Maybe someday we can hook up for a hunt. I' m always looking to spread myself around when I can.

No wimp...I' m not a member at Logans Ferry. I have been over there to take a look and by all appearances it seems like a nice place to join. Nice shooting ranges from what I recall.

JK...you must live over in West Deer...A good buddy of mine lives over that way.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wimp

Jeremy or jimimac, are either of you a member at logans ferry sportsman?
I took my hunters safety course at Logan' s Ferry but I never joined. My grandfather was a life member there though and I spent alot of time shooting there. Used to go every year for the turkey shoots too.

I' ve actually been looking into the Monroeville/Pitcairn Sportsman' s club up on route 48. It' s closer to my home. I thought about joining Logan' s Ferry but it' s twice as far away.

Quick Reply: Any Western Pa Hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.