Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Ethics

Old 11-21-2003, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ethics

Hey bow-4-it..key words from your post " under 50 yards" , I never said that people that KNOW the limits of buckshot shouldn' t use it, but from I have seen your the minority..you know your loads limits but alot of these guys don' t. Furthermore, considering what everone else has posted about guys waiting till the day before, if at all to sight there sluggers or rifles in..how many do you think pattern their buckshot gun? Bottom line if your going to hunt anything you should know your gun, take the time to sight-in/pattern before you hunt! Just out of curiousity, why do you prefer buckshot? There are many great slug guns and ammo for them that will extend your range.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:18 AM

Face it,People like this are just LAZY.
If they shoot and do not drop it right there,or see it run off out of there line of sight ,they will just forget it.

As far as Buckshot...Legally cannot use it in Maryland (only one county can Dorchester)This was due to the large amount of near misses or actualle hits on hunters walking through high field,bruch etc,were idiots see movement and let it rip.

Then you have Slugs/sabotts.I have heard and witnessed so many people over the years sight there gun in ,the day before ,fire 3 rounds and feel fine....But a big factor I have witnessed over the years ,is many will sight there guns in with one brand of slug/sabbot..then go get more from store,and decided to get a different brand,and actually belive that all will travel the same,since they had there gun sighted in.

Man,I could tell yall some wicked stories from the years,but I wont take up all your time.

I have a half calf on my left leg,another hole in my right thigh,and another in my right shoulder,that these so called hunters have done to leave me scarred for life.

It is a shame also that on opening day of deer shotgun season in Md.I basically dont get much hunting in ,as I am catching and chasing off tresspassers.

Be careful out there everyone.

Old 11-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

djdkman, you' re right, I do know the limits of my gun and the load that I shoot. I shoot 000 buckshot, because that is what shoots best and holds a tight pattern out of my gun. I found that out by trying differnt loads and alot of target shooting. I guess the point that I was trying to make is that most of the blame should be put on the person that pulls the trigger, not the ammo they' re using. Why don' t I use slugs? I just never tried them, that' s all. I' ve been shooting deer with buckshot for almost 30 years. I guess i' m just set in my old ways. I am thinking about getting a slug barrel and a scope for my Remington 870 and giving them a try. There were times that I did wish I had that set-up! I' ll tell you one thing, if I do, I WILL KNOW where that slug hits at 100 yards! Good hunting...Dave