Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Were did the deer go in NY? >

Were did the deer go in NY?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Were did the deer go in NY?

Old 11-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Spike

Default Were did the deer go in NY?

I hunted the NY opener in 3k. Sullivan co. For the past 5 year I have seen over 20 deer on openning day but this year I didn' t even see one. Was last winter that bad? or maybe the wind storm had something to do with it.

Old 11-19-2003, 09:40 PM

Default RE: Were did the deer go in NY?

There all here down in 3n, well atleast they were during bow season.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 1 deer all day for the opener. 1 of my brothers saw 2, and the 3rd brother saw just one he shot a buck. I' ve also spoke to other guys I work with, and most of them didn' t see much either.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-20-2003, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

We too are having a trouble seeing deer, my eyes are not that bad at 48! In the north zone (adirondacks) the winter and the HUGE numbers of coyotes and black bears have taken thier toll to the point the DEC has to step in and make some corrections or this winter may be the last for the herd up there. Down here in the south zone I feel the weather is our enemy here. By this time last year I had 2 hanging and saw at least 20 more. This year I have yet to even see a deer (except on the Palisades Pky) There is very little sign and shots are very few and far between. I have been out everyday so far and all day yesterday. I spent the whole day sneaking around in the rain and only heard 1 shot. Granted most of the guys (fair weather hunters) were on the lazyboy' s but there were a few cars in the area. What we need is a 5 day cold snap with 3" of snow and 2" fresh every night............................................D REAMS ARE MADE OF THIS STUFF. Keep at it sooner or later they will make the mistake and POW!
Old 11-20-2003, 06:09 AM
Spike

I' m going back out this weekend. I still think the weather last winter took it' s toll on the herd. There' s much less deer sign in the woods than last year. I hope things change when the cold weather returns.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

We hunted Pine Bush, NY and downed 1 spike out of 3 guys. The rain held off until about 9am and then misted most of the day. Once the fog rolled in at 12pm we were done. I saw 5 does and then we busted a monster buck during a drive but he took the only route of escape out of the swamp.

My Dad and brother came home yesterday from Stamford after sitting in the rain for 3 straight days. They saw 2 or 3 does only--no bucks.

Maybe this weekend wil be better although the weather will be a little warm.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I' m in 7f central NY area. It has been absolutely ridiculous here. I have seen 1 deer in the first 4 days of gun season. Bow season was ok, but not like it has been in the past. I think old man winter and the amount of tags let out last year has taken a serious toll on the population. I have heard the least amount of shots the first week that I' ve heard in 15 years. Not good!!
Old 11-20-2003, 05:35 PM

Hunted despoit n.y. opening day did not here more then 10 shots in the morning and it was over . I seen only one doe on wed. morning let her pass along with about 20 guys that hunt that mountain not one deer was taken
Old 11-21-2003, 05:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I took a drive last night about a total of ten miles saw about 40-50 deer all in back yards.

Quick Reply: Were did the deer go in NY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.