Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A funny thing happened friday night >

A funny thing happened friday night

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A funny thing happened friday night

Old 11-08-2003, 04:51 PM

Default A funny thing happened friday night

I was on my way out of the woods and it was dark but the moon was bright. I was walking thru a field and I looked up and saw a doe in the middle of the field. I stopped but I knew it had already seen me. The doe started to walk toward me. It got to about 20 yards and turned and walked away. I started to walk again and this time it starts to run over to me. It stopped about 10 yards away from me and looked at me for about 30 sec. before it figured out what I was. I thought I was going to have a new pet.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: A funny thing happened friday night

Funny story--too bad it wasnt a monster buck!

My buddy had to take a sh@t at 7.30am this morning and left his stand to find a suitable spot. He is sitting there doing his business when a very young spike walks directly up to him and stands about 10ft away! He looks at the deer and just started laughing.

Good luck out there...

Bob
Old 11-09-2003, 12:21 AM
Fork Horn

i had a doe running toard me and passed on the other side of the tree i was standing next to.....10 minutes before i was on the other side of the tree.....she never saw me......i thought she was going to see me and jump out of her skin.....i could have kicked her in the head if wanted too.............bob
Old 11-09-2003, 03:53 PM

Five years ago, my wife and I were going for a walk in late November along the C&O Canal in Washington county, when a 4 point starting trotting down the trail right toward us. His ears were perked up and he was very alert. He got within about 20 yards from us before he finally went off the path and headed for the woods. He never got really close, but when a full grown deer is running toward you on purpose, it gives you a weird feeling because you' re so used to seeing those white tails running the other way.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:37 PM

I had picked up one of those Stylus pen lights with the green light....that supposedly deer " can' t see" . I was walking up an overgrown road to my stand a few weeks ago and heard movement in front of me. I stopped and caught a brief glimpse of a hindquarter.

Small buck turned towards me and actually ran right at me....it turned off the trail about 10 feet away. I had my treestand in front of me like a shield...talk about a rush!