Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

BIG PA buck

Old 11-26-2020, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Central PA Sportsman
Just got done reading the story about this deer in my latest PA Outdoor News, would believe its true since a good friend of mine knows the fella who shot the deer (from PA fire crew, sent out west together to fight wild fires. they both work for the DCNR). Also believe the deer was taken on public land...which makes it even more special (has known about and hunted this deer for the last few years).
Why do we always have to be so negative and envious of other peoples good fortune?
Congratulations to Cory Gulvas of Wellsboro PA.
Read the story on www.outdoornews.com/pennsylvania
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL
This is why people get skeptical . Earlier in Nov this deer was shown in news articles as the potential non typical record for bow in NY . Claimed he shot it with his bow in Chautauqua County NY . Turns out the guy was a liar and actually paid to shoot it at a deer farm in the next county over.

https://bigfrog104.com/holy-buck-new...27-point-deer/

And here is where he got caught on social media showing one of the deer farm owners posing with the buck and a picture of him holding the rack, Thats why he didn't want his face pic in the news article. he knew he might get recognized

Last edited by SportsmanNH; 09-22-2022 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Central PA Sportsman
Just got done reading the story about this deer in my latest PA Outdoor News, would believe its true since a good friend of mine knows the fella who shot the deer (from PA fire crew, sent out west together to fight wild fires. they both work for the DCNR). Also believe the deer was taken on public land...which makes it even more special (has known about and hunted this deer for the last few years).
Why do we always have to be so negative and envious of other peoples good fortune?
Congratulations to Cory Gulvas of Wellsboro PA.
Read the story on www.outdoornews.com/pennsylvania
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL
I didn't see any envy or negativity, I think the antlers didn't quite look right and with all the photo shopping going on some skepticism is reasonable.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I didn't see any envy or negativity, I think the antlers didn't quite look right and with all the photo shopping going on some skepticism is reasonable.
Yep unfortunately this is the times we live in.

Most of us were hoping it was real and said as much.

-Jake
Old 01-17-2021, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Story on this buck is in January's PA Game News.

Reading it now.

-Jake
Old 01-18-2021, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

The chatter here reminds me of the comments you'd see over on ArcheryTalk. Most of the comments were questioning if authentic, Bocajnala is right with above comment, nature of the beast today.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, it was shot this fall, article is in the January PA Game News.... and to take him with traditional equipment too boot!