HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   BIG PA buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/424336-big-pa-buck.html)

Bocajnala 10-30-2020 03:28 AM

BIG PA buck

Anyone hear anything on this? A buddy sent me this picture last night.

With a recurve too it looks like!

-Jake

t.shaffer 10-30-2020 12:40 PM

awesome buck if it is true . just wondering if it came from a hi fence area or one of those game farms that you pay high dollars to hunt . was watching a show on cable the other day & they were hunting big bucks up in pa where there was hi fences. & i forget the site i was on but it cost this guy well over 12'000 dollars for the hunt & kill& tip. too rich for my taste. they feed those deer hi protein diets. but hopefully this was killed not in a fenced in area.

mrbb 10-30-2020 02:51 PM

I hope its real but has some photo shop looks to it to me,
its sad we cannot take anything anymore for what things say or show in pictures!

Oldtimr 10-31-2020 11:38 AM

There is something about the antlers that just don't look right.

Bocajnala 10-31-2020 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4383151)
There is something about the antlers that just don't look right.

Ya they're HUGE!

I haven't heard anything further on this deer yet. I would think if it was real we would be heard more.

-Jake

mrbb 11-01-2020 05:31 AM

to me the tan skull cap by antlers seems to be on it like a bad wig, as its almost covering its left eye and is farther up on the right side, like its crooked?

But again, I do hope its real, but has some weird looking features that some what say photoshopped to me too?

bronko22000 11-12-2020 02:51 PM

I believe that is a photochopped. Just doesn't look right to me.

Central PA Sportsman 11-26-2020 03:49 AM

Just got done reading the story about this deer in my latest PA Outdoor News, would believe its true since a good friend of mine knows the fella who shot the deer (from PA fire crew, sent out west together to fight wild fires. they both work for the DCNR). Also believe the deer was taken on public land...which makes it even more special (has known about and hunted this deer for the last few years).
Why do we always have to be so negative and envious of other peoples good fortune?
Congratulations to Cory Gulvas of Wellsboro PA.
Read the story on www.outdoornews.com/pennsylvania
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL

Bocajnala 11-26-2020 04:25 AM

CPA, I couldn't get your link to bring up a story but a Google search of that name did. Impressive critter!

Glad it was real.

-Jake

mrbb 11-26-2020 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Central PA Sportsman (Post 4384333)
Just got done reading the story about this deer in my latest PA Outdoor News, would believe its true since a good friend of mine knows the fella who shot the deer (from PA fire crew, sent out west together to fight wild fires. they both work for the DCNR). Also believe the deer was taken on public land...which makes it even more special (has known about and hunted this deer for the last few years).
Why do we always have to be so negative and envious of other peoples good fortune?
Congratulations to Cory Gulvas of Wellsboro PA.
Read the story on www.outdoornews.com/pennsylvania
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL

not sure why you accuse anyone of being negative here, everyone just gave there opinion and thoughts which is 100% fair and the correct thing to do!
and most all HOPED it was real, but it has some funny looks in the picture posted and THAT is why many questioned things, they didn;t just go negative, (including me)
they based there replies on the picture showing a deer that looked sort of Photoshop'd, and since SO many people these days, FAKE things trying to get attention, its not that unfair for folks to try and be more critical of things that look off!

and even the info your posting almost says ??? and adds ??"s, as if this was a public land buck, why is it still a mystery about that, if an article was written on it, wouldn;t that have been important info to present in the story?

Its not like giving out exact details and its also info shared in almost every big buck story told in magazines and online articles!
so again, when photo's seem IFFY and stories don;' seem to tell many things, folks will ALWAYS question things, and rightfully so! IMO
its not about being negative , its about having unanswered details answered before we will believe things!
as far too many folks LIE online today!