Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa early muzzleloader >

Pa early muzzleloader

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa early muzzleloader

Old 10-18-2018, 02:05 AM
Typical Buck

At least yours was easier to drag out. Seriously nothing wrong with your deer, plus your's will be more tender and better eating.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:23 AM
Typical Buck

jake congrats they are some fine looking deer.i miss ohio's early muzzy season been some time since they stopped it. loved hunting in some warm weather. just had to put up the the bugs. wanted to come to pa for early muzzy season & hunt with my brother from avonmore but was not able .he's had good success the alcoa plant on 780 . i myself like armstrong county.or saltsburg area in indiana county.but will wait for gun season in ohio to hunt or wait for muzzy season in jan for ohio deer. were do you work in ohio ?
Old 10-18-2018, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by edmehlig
At least yours was easier to drag out. Seriously nothing wrong with your deer, plus your's will be more tender and better eating.
I got mine out to the truck and thought "eh, that wasn't too bad" then I heard her shoot. And thought "oh crap" lol.

Her doe went 80 lbs dressed. Perfectly average for our area.

On another note. PAs online game check system is quick and easy. If you're still filling out cards and mailing them I suggest giving the online system a try .Took less than 3 minutes.

-Jake
Old 10-18-2018, 02:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hers looks bigger Jake. I put down a nice doe today, the first day of the geezer season in PA. I can't get my phone pics to work here but she was a nice mature doe.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good job to both you and your wife Jake. I can carry a rifle these last 3 days but I'm still toting my Hawken. Really frosty this morning and I'm coming down with a cold. The blankets on the bed next to my wife were more inviting then sitting on a cold rock or log sniffling before daybreak. I'll head out this afternoon and do some still hunting.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice going Jake. That will be some fine eating for sure.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Around here we call them camp deer. Most of it is eaten before leaving the camp. They are fine eating. Far better than a old buck.