Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Question on PGC policy on roadkill >

Question on PGC policy on roadkill

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Question on PGC policy on roadkill

Old 11-01-2003, 01:31 PM

Default Question on PGC policy on roadkill

Hello,

A friend' s mother just had an unfortunate accident with a buck in PA. Most importantly, she is fine though the car needs some work. The buck was a 10pt with an 18 inch spread. The police called the PGC, and they came to the scene as well. Well, my friends family wanted to save what they could from the deer, and the PGC let them have that, but then confiscated the rack, telling them they could have it - for $10 per point.

Does anyone out there know if this is a policy of the PGC? Or was this guy trying to line his pockets. It really burned me up when I heard that.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question on PGC policy on roadkill

Yup, that' s the policy any where you go in PA.
Old 11-01-2003, 05:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep thats the law.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:38 AM

Thanks for the input guys. Although I strongly disagree with that, at least I feel better knowing that a fast one wasn' t being pulled.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

what was the reason they gave for charging the money......alot of post to this dilema but no one has said why they demand payment for the rack??????.......bob
Old 11-03-2003, 08:05 AM

Bob,

I have no idea. I think the answer they got was " it' s our policy" . I really would love to find the answer to that question.

Old 11-03-2003, 08:52 AM

from what someone told me , and it sounded like a crock , the pgc sells the racks to some company ,i forget what for, sorry. but they let you have the carcass but no antlers, why do you think you see headless deer on the side of the road , either the game commision takes em or whoever clipped em !
Old 11-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

If they want to charge you for the antlers, why don' t you tell the PGC to pay for the damage to the car?

That' s ridiculous!!!!
Old 11-03-2003, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

That is what I have heard to...they also use the money for educational purposes. If you don' t take the antlers they mount alot of those bucks or skull them for education and displays. I know one that asks me for antlers all the time to take to schools. As long as it is being used for educational purposes I dont see a problem with educating the future...But that is Just my opinion.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:53 AM

My uncle is a taxidermist and he goes to PGC auctions. They auction of the horns and whatever else they can sell. He bought a bobcat at the auction a few years ago and mounted it. Thats what they take them for.

Quick Reply: Question on PGC policy on roadkill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.