Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Personal Observations >

Personal Observations

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Personal Observations

Old 12-29-2017, 03:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Personal Observations

Earlier this year I got pictures of both bobcat and fisher on my trail cams. I start this post like this because my log shows that I put 36 days so far in the woods around my home since the beginning of archery season. In this time I did not see a single squirrel or turkey. I did see a couple grouse and a few chipmunks. As I think back over the past two seasons I can recall seeing only a handful of squirrels in this area. I've come to the conclusion that these two species have just about eradicated the squirrels. I guess that's why they call the fisher Nature's Assassin.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

I see very few squirrel in most of my woods. PLaces I used to regularly shoot a limit in a couple hours.

First day of buck season I saw two deer tails right at dark while walking out. I saw three coyote that day though. Two of them took a dirt nap.

I wish I had time to run a trap line.

-Jake
Old 12-31-2017, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

We see both in the area I hunt and there are plenty of squirrels. Yesterday had over 30 deer out driving w flintlocks. I have seen a huge decline in Turkey. Used to see 100 a day only seen 3 in the last 2 days of hunting
Old 12-31-2017, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

what county you in c-rad? I need to get hooked up with a flintlock group for next year.

I've got some areas to hunt if you're near Indiana COunty, just need people to chase them to.

-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 12-31-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Cambria. We hunt 2e and 2c. The group varies from 6 to 8 during the week then 15 to 20 on Saturday