Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New to NEPA

Old 05-24-2016, 06:46 AM
Spike

Default New to NEPA

Hello everyone. We just recently moved to Scranton, PA and looking for options and opinions on places to hunt within 50 miles. I've looked at Lackawanna State Park..has anyone hunted there? Good/ Bad? Mainly bow only, but like to take our son(9) out during rifle. Thanks in Advance!!
Old 05-24-2016, 06:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Go to the PA Game Commission's website, click on state game lands, you may have to hunt for it as they recently changed their format. There are thousands of acres of state game lands in NW PA. The website will tell you where ans have maps you can print out.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:05 AM
Spike

I have checked out the GC site, was asking more of some opinions on those areas and specifically about the state park. Thank Ya
Old 05-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

grew up not to far from Lackawanna state part, it has some good bow hunting, but it also can get crowded
there are TONS of game lands all over and near Scranton, your best bet will be to honestly go and visit some and see what type of terrain you like better, some are more larger tract forested area, some are more swampy like, and then there are some that are on the edges of ag like settings
its hard to tell you where to go on an open forum, as any GOOD spot I say here will soon possibly be crowed LOl
but there are literally tens of thousands of public hunting lands with in a few minutes of Scranton!