Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 im one in ten thousand >

im one in ten thousand

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

im one in ten thousand

Old 10-19-2003, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default im one in ten thousand

ive been chosen to take the course to allow me to hunt black bear in new jersey. was wondering if anyone had an idea of where i might stand a chance of seeing one. i was thinking of heading up to the greenwood lake region near the new york border . im wondering if theres any state gamelands or forests to hunt. any ideas would be a great help as i want to start scouting now for this december hunt.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:18 PM

Default RE: im one in ten thousand

I was working in Worthington state park and saw bears every day it off rt 80 .Im not sure what kind of hunting is possible nearby.I know thats the area I' d be looking at if I had a permit.There is some private ground just down the road,but most of the bears seem to be in the park.I doubht that you can hunt in the park itself but I' d look into it If I was you
Old 10-20-2003, 09:51 PM

i haven' t been there in years but i know they have a few up by the flatbrook and i know there was some in morris county especially denville , but it' s mostly private property , good luck!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Flatbrook or Stokes both good areas.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

There are lots of bears off Rt 23 in places such as Nwk Watershed, Wawayanda, and Hamburg Mtn. My buddy has been seeing bears behind the Dunkin Donuts off Rt 23S! Good luck....
Old 10-22-2003, 09:38 AM

Take a look at the Newark Watershed land off cozy lake rd in oak ridge or the south side of lake tammerack. Lake Tammerack is overrun with bears.
Good Luck!
Noons
Old 10-22-2003, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow! thanks for all the ideas my homework begins
Old 10-22-2003, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of course do you need to take to hunt black bears? Is it shotgun only? I don' t know much about bears in NJ, but I do know that Pike County in PA has so many bears that they not only have a 3 day bear season there but you can shoot bears in deer season, too. If there is any public land bordering Pike County PA it probably holds bears.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i actually deer hunt in pike county and know it has a good population of bear but i have yet to see one in several years of hunting there. as far as what is included in the bear hunting course i have no clue. im pretty sure its 20 or 12 gauge slug only. i think some guys have taken the course already so maybe they can fill us in on what is taught at the course.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck. Let us know how you do.

Quick Reply: im one in ten thousand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.