Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 any early pa muzzeloader doe hunters have any luck >

any early pa muzzeloader doe hunters have any luck

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

any early pa muzzeloader doe hunters have any luck

Old 10-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default any early pa muzzeloader doe hunters have any luck

mine was all bad , first i didn' t get out of the house until 9 am , and it all went downhill from there .

how was yours ??
Old 10-18-2003, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: any early pa muzzeloader doe hunters have any luck

saw a flock of turkeys, and a hugh porcupine.....other then that nil....
Old 10-18-2003, 06:49 PM

Yeah, had a beautiful 6 pointer standing 20 yds broadside. And the bow was at home!
Old 10-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a doe run by me full-bore.A small dog was chasing her-one of the same dogs I saw running deer 2 weeks ago on the archery opener.I had the mutt in my sights but didn' t shoot it.Next time,though-[:@]
Old 10-18-2003, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jim,
Don' t ya just love that!?[:@] I had that myself last year outside of Dover, except this was some sort of hound that was baying at full throttle the entire time.
after about 10 minutes of this dog running around in full voice I had to talk myself out of not making it disappear. []
Hope your season' s going better down there than mine is........new guys hunting in my area have it a mess.
Time to move on I think.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

unfortunately i see everybody is having the same luck as myself [:' (]

@mikeE51848 ,
it' s a good thing that you didn' t have that bow with you , on page 42 of the hunting digest , it states under the regulations of archery season that it' s unlawful for a person hunting deer with a bow to possess a firearm of any kind
Old 10-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow im the only one to see and shot a deer......terrible ending but i did shot a doe...a big doe....i lost it.....you can read the stories and eveyrthing on the deer hunting forum under " sick" i psted there many times with more details and more looking and what i learned and what im doing about it ect ect ect if you care to read....the smoke poles hung up until the snow flys......actually its going to the range a few more times but thats it until it snows.....sorry to tell you guys but im not going to lie....it happens...i gave it my all and didnt find her or very much sign at all.....i just have to accept it learn from it and not do it again.....i feel horrible.....its going to kill me not to hunt this week but its just not the right thing to do.....beautiful weather on my days off and im off alot this week......too bad.......oh well...i go small game hunt and try to find the doe......i hope she made it......read the other posts.....its alot of reading and detail but youll get the whole story and find i didnt just give up or anything........sorry guys.....
Old 10-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Matt I hate when that happens!This was one of 3 dogs that were running deer on the bow opener.The thing that really pee' s me off is that these animals are somebody' s pets.They looked healthy,well-fed,but didn' t have any tags or collars.I' m a dog owner myself and I' d really hate to whack them,but I can' t stand to see dogs running deer.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:36 AM

I smoked a doe saturday morning at 8:30. Lots of other vehicles out - heard a few shots but not many.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Jumped what I believe was a four pointer while still hunting. No does.

Quick Reply: any early pa muzzeloader doe hunters have any luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.