Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
New to the Delmarva >

New to the Delmarva

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New to the Delmarva

Old 08-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Spike

Default New to the Delmarva

Hey guys, its been a while since I have been on here. I actually had to make a new profile because I could not remember my old info. I am reaching out for help.

I just recently graduated from college and moved to the Delmarva for work. I work in the Agricultural industry and cover NJ to WV. I currently live around Salisbury, MD.

I am a PA native and this whole Delmarva hunting things keeps getting more and more frusterating.

I cannot afford a hunting lease or a membership to a hunting club. I tried reaching out to the DNR about places to shoot my bow and places to hunt. That was a wash. He basically told me I was S.O.L. I cannot seem to find a place to shoot my bow or a place to hunt, and I cannot decide which state to buy a hunting license in.

So, what I really need is a hunting buddy that would not mind showing me the ropes around here. I am at a complete loss.

I would really apperciate any help you guys can give. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Spike

I'm in Delaware but as far as I know Maryland does have public land to hunt. As far as shooting your bow if you don't have enough space in your yard ask a neighbor if you can shoot there. There is a ton of public land here in Sussex but I wont hunt it. Just a bunch of idiots wanting to get shot. Very dangerous. If you were a Vet or Wounded Warrior I got a spot for you. Just have to buy a De license. Man, I'd think being in the Ag industry you'd be able to make some good contacts to help you out. Good luck and I hope you get to knock something down this season.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Exactly right. Delaware has some good deer hunting and anyone who is involved in the agriculture industry should be able to develope enough contacts to find a place to hunt deer. MD also has a lot of public land. Just go on their website, there are maps locations and information. Being in Salisbury, it is the heart of the Agriculture areas of Delaware. As far as finding a place to shoot your bow, google sportsman's clubs around Salisbury and you will find a place to join.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

Leasing is BIG on the Eastern Shore, you'll need some luck finding a decent place to hunt for free. There IS a lot of state land within an hour's drive of Salisbury, http://dnr2.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pa...maeastern.aspx. I've always dreamed of hunting Sika deer on Assateague Island.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Delaware has a LONG bow season. September 1- the end of January. In dozens of squirrel hunts I've encountered a total of one bowhunter.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Spike

Thanks guys, The leased ground this is a nightmare. I have a customer up in Bridgeville, DE that said I can shoot my bow over his house. so I have that taken care of. The public ground is interesting but I will hopefully figure something out. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever help any of you. (food plots, tracking deer, deer drives, hunting buddies ect.) I am in the ag Industry feel free to ask me anything that has to do with ag. PM me and I will give you my number. Uncle Nicky - PM me and lets go hunt some Sitka deer.

Thanks a bunch guys and good luck out there