Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

new blood.....

Old 02-10-2015, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default new blood.....

Governor Tomblin Appoints Fala Director of West Virginia DNR
12/31/2014

​CHARLESTON, W.Va. (December 31, 2014) – Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin today announced the appointment of Robert A. Fala to serve as the director of the West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, effective January 1, 2015. Fala will fill the vacancy created by the recent retirement of previous DNR Director, Frank Jezioro.

“I’m grateful for Frank Jezioro’s longstanding commitment to our state and his years of service to the people of West Virginia,” Governor Tomblin said. “Bob Fala’s professional background not only demonstrates his commitment to ensuring the protection and upkeep of both land and wildlife, but his working knowledge, training, years of experience and interest in a variety of critical issues facing our state’s Division of Natural Resources are exceptional. I look forward to working with him in the new year.”

A graduate of Pennsylvania State University, Fala began his career in the Pennsylvania Game Commission as a Wildlife Conservation Officer. He has remained an active member of the wildlife community for many years through his work as a Wildlife Biologist in numerous states and as a Mine Manager in West Virginia. For more than twenty years, Fala worked as Coal Land Reclamation/Lead Agency Wildlife Biologist for the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection (WVDEP). Over the past three years, he has served as a Contractor/Wildlife Biologist for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), and in August 2014 was appointed by Gov. Tomblin to serve on the WVDNR Natural Resource Commission.