Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 I' m disappointed in PA Hunters...??? >

I' m disappointed in PA Hunters...???

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I' m disappointed in PA Hunters...???

Old 10-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default I' m disappointed in PA Hunters...???

Well Monday was the Harrisburg meeting of the PAGC to discuss the new Orange Proposal, the ferule cat situation and the likes......My hunting partner, outfitting partner and NWTF Board of Dir..Ray Smith of River Valley Game Calls & River Valley Outfitters was our rep at the meeting in Harrisburg. With all the commotion, buzz and whining about the new proposal, a sorry number of only 15 hunters turned out for the meeting........there was more press there than hunters and buses brought ANTIHUNTERS/ANIMAL RIGHTIST in the terms of 45 people to rally for the damn ferule cats......WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT HUNTERS.

We need to rethink what is important to us....when you have to wear more orange, don' t be whining. There was no one there to represent muzzleloaders and dispite all the effort put forth by the NWTF and members throughout....the disappointing turnout probably says more negatives by hunters/to hunters than all else. [:' (]
Old 10-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I' m disappointed in PA Hunters...???

Rob,

That is dissapointing, however what the heck are they doing putting this meeting on the second day of archery season?!

I definatly aggree with you though in all aspects. Just wish I lived a bit closer to harrisburg.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:22 AM

the turnout IMO was due to the date of the meeting, why would they put this meeting during archery season? One reason, so they could try to sneak this regulation through, without any flak from the hunters. Just like the preliminary approval that was given for it, I didn' t hear any mention of the flo orange proposal until after the prliminary approval was given. Sounds pretty sneaky and underhanded if you ask me. Don' t get me wrong I am not one of those Game Commission Bashers, I do everything in my power to support and help the Commission on most issues, but in this case it just seemed like the regulation had one motivating factor, money. And the timing of the meeting was just one part of their plan to try and get this regulation passed.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:27 AM

Sorry, didn' t know about the meeting, plus I had to work. No work, no pay!

Tom
Old 10-08-2003, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I didn' t live 5 hours away I might have gone. And for those that are unaware, the PGC holds quarterly meetings......it just happened to fall in archery season. If you are that concerned about missing one or two days of hunting the early season then I suppose that' s your business, but sounds pretty bad that only 15 hunters show up to protest something that almost EVERYONE was griping about.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:30 AM

Turnout may have been disappointing, but I do believe that alot of hunters signed petitions and wrote letters and made their voice heard. I may be wrong but I believe the PGC' s mind was made up before the hearing, a positive one for us, and that 5 or 500 hunters probably wouldn' t have changed their mind, at least their past track records has shown.

Good work to those that sent and signed.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Spike

Many didn' t show for 2 reasons: the first already discussed (archery opener); the other being the fact that (as far as I knew) they were not allowing time for public comment. They were only going to discuss and review.........Besides, they' ve already been inundated w/petitions, letters and phone calls!
Old 10-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob,I wish I lived closer to Harrisburg.I couldn' t be there but I signed alot of petitions and sent alot of e-mails.Only thing that bothers me is the PGC doesn' t seem to care what the hunters think.P.S. I talked to Ray at the elk expo in Kersey,Where were you?
Old 10-08-2003, 12:50 PM

i live like 40 mins form harrisburg. i would have went had i know about it.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:41 AM

those butt heads had a public meeting during hunting season ,that should tell you the whole thing in the nutshell ! most people get little time off to go hunting , and when they can they are gonna go hunting not to a meeting ! but they' ll still complain any way .

Quick Reply: I' m disappointed in PA Hunters...???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.