Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Frost! -Pennsylvania- >

Frost! -Pennsylvania-

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Frost! -Pennsylvania-

Old 10-02-2003, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Frost! -Pennsylvania-

Well, Western Pennsylvania news channels are calling for frost/hard freeze for tonight/tomorrow morning! Sounds to me like we are going to have a cold one Saturday also! I' ve never had my boots freeze to my stand the first day! Guess I' ll have to decide what Camo I' m going to wear (light or heavy).

What do you guys think about this?! I guess there was snow showers reported overnight in some northern counties!

This is crazy!

-BJ
Old 10-02-2003, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Frost! -Pennsylvania-

I saw the same " frost/freeze warning" this morning on the weather channel as well as on the " weather bug" program on my computer. Friday night into Saturday morning does not look to be too warm either. This will be the first time in recent memory that I will have to pull out the insulated camo for the opener.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:32 AM

From the NWS for the Harrisburg area

COLDEST NIGHT OF THE SEASON TONIGHT

CANADIAN HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD INTO THE AREA TONIGHT
BRINGING A
WIDESPREAD FROST AND FREEZING TEMPERATURES TO MUCH OF THE REGION.

PAZ036-056-057-059-063>066-021815-
ADAMS PA-CUMBERLAND PA-DAUPHIN PA-FRANKLIN PA-LANCASTER PA-
LEBANON PA-PERRY PA-YORK PA-
416 AM EDT THU OCT 2 2003

FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 12 AM TO 9 AM EDT FRIDAY

CLEAR SKIES AND LIGHT WINDS WILL ALLOW TEMPERATURES TO PLUMMET AFTER
SUNSET. BY DAWN...FROST IS EXPECTED IN MOST PLACES WITH TEMPERATURES
IN THE MID 30S. NORMALLY COLDER RURAL VALLEYS WILL DROP TO AROUND 30
DEGREES.

THOSE WITH AGRICULTURAL INTERESTS IN THE ADVISED AREA SHOULD HARVEST
OR PROTECT TENDER VEGETATION. ALSO...POTTED PLANTS NORMALLY LEFT
OUTDOORS SHOULD BE COVERED OR BROUGHT INSIDE AWAY FROM THE COLD.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

Try waking up this morning and the weatherman says snow flurries possible. WHAT!?For today and Sunday. New York at it' s finest.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

It' s currently spitting snow here in the extreme NW part of the state. There was a heavy dusting of snow on th ehill tops this morning....I don' t know about you folks, but for me snow is like a hunters greatest gift....I love snow & cold. The deer will be mobile on Saturday if it stays cold and no rain. It' s looking like insulated camo for the opener around here....I don' t think that' s ever happened to me befort -- I LOVE IT!
Old 10-02-2003, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love it. I hate deer hunting when it' s hot. Who wants to sweat to death out there? My ScentLok suit is much too heavy for Summer-like days. I think the deer will move better if it' s cold, too. You can hang the deer on the meat pole without it rotting and drawing flies.
I can' t wait for the leaves to change and to smell smoke coming from people' s fireplaces. The sound of geese overhead and a nice meal slow cooked in the crock pot all day. This is my kind of weather. Also - you coastal fishermen should be excited by this weather. STRIPED BASS RUN SOON!!!

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 10-02-2003, 11:50 AM

I can' t wait for Saturday. Frost or no Frost it needs to feel like deer season when it is and I think the Cooling off is great.

I think I am going to brave (possibly pronounced stupid) and stick to my camo jeans with no long johns and a camo fleece pullover.
Best of luck to everyone on Saturday.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:12 PM

I can' t wait! The chill in the air is exactly what I was hoping for. I can' t go until Monday morning, but I' ll be out there finding my way to my stand in the frigid darkness with a great big smile on my face!
Old 10-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Spike

Has snowed past 2 days here, near Lake Placid, NY
Old 10-02-2003, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thats bad news for me. I cant hardly move when it gets under 40. Probably wont be able to go till the afternoon.this whole preseason has been nothing but a big headache.I might have to go buy one of those propane heaters for the ground blind. Or sit in my car,big chance I have in the car with the crossbow sticking out the window and the engine running with the heater on. The only problem with one of those propane heaters is someone will probably steal it. I will have to leave it there. I cant wait till I can move back South. Good luck guys I' ll stay home and watch cartoons

Quick Reply: Frost! -Pennsylvania-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.