Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE Archery Season (Oct) >

DE Archery Season (Oct)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Archery Season (Oct)

Old 10-01-2003, 09:58 AM

Default DE Archery Season (Oct)

OK Guys. With 4 pages worth of post piled up, I figured we' d start a fresh thread.

So far its been DeBob with a nice buck and 6pt with a nice doe in the freezer. The rest of us are being choosey or, like me, just not seeing a heck of alot of deer. I know we had more kills on the board by this time last year. August' s scouting showed so much promise. Guess it doesnt always work out the way we think it will.

With Smoke Pole Season Oct 11 - 18 there' s not much time left before the deer start getting shot at. It' ll only get harder to get one after that. The weather is cooling down nicely though and the rutting activity should pick up good soon.

Keep the post coming and continue luck to us all!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 10:40 AM

Default RE: DE Archery Season (Oct)

Duck, count me in to. I got my first (a nice doe) the evening of the 23rd @ 5:10PM. Haven' t been back out since but am planning a all day hunt this sat. Now that the pressure is off I' ll be looking for something with horns. Saw some rubs and scrapes while tracking my doe. She only went about 70 yards but it was pretty thick cover. Once I got into the thick stuff I started to notice all the sing. I hope to be able to update next week about the big one. -Ken
Old 10-01-2003, 05:38 PM

DE-Hunter,

I apologize that I forgot your Deer! A belated Congrats! [:-] Nice to hear some nice deer are being taken.

I' ll be getting out Saturday and a couple times next week. Hoping for a change in my luck.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Duckmastor 2 Hey Scott we picked the Ennis farm today, I am in there chopping stalks until 7 pm , saw nothing.. t of deer damage to the corn we will be back in the morning, if you come down I will probably be on the tractor chopping stalks, stop over and say hello,... I was wishing this afternoon that I had your cell number would have called you while we were in the field.. The boys on the pickers saw a few deer , I saw nothing...
Old 10-02-2003, 05:07 PM

Thats OK Ron. I couldnt have gotten away from the office today. Shame you didnt get to it until next week, but thems the breaks. Thanks for keeping me informed. Next time I' m down, i' ll try and swing by.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scott got a;; the stalks chopped. 2 guys came in a Ford this afternoon while I was chopping I finished about 7 they were still in there. Havent seen a thing bucks are still not chasing does but soon I think after this cold snap.... I wi;l be across the road chopping tomorrow...
Old 10-05-2003, 06:07 PM

Did anyone get out this weekend? I was a traitor and headed over to South NJ to hunt with my dad on his turf. Once again, no deer. Talked to a guy at parking lot of the WMA we hunted and said the boys out in the morning did see some deer moving and a couple nice bucks, just nothing came within shooting range.

I would just like to get doe in shooting range at this point.

I' ll be out and about Tuesday and Thursday this week. I' d like to blast some snow geese next saturday if they ever cut the field I hunt. If its not cut, deer saturday too.

Keep the reports coming.

Old 10-06-2003, 12:03 PM

I was a traitor too...hunted Blackwater Refuge in MD for Sika deer. May have to do that again sometime!
Old 10-07-2003, 10:17 AM

I got out on Saturday for an all day' er. It was my first day back to this location since last year. Not able to do any scouting because the propery is ouwed by a friend of a friend. Dame near got lost going in. I' m sure I made to much noise in the AM trying to find a tree. Kind of crappy sitting in the rain half the day.
Finally around 4:00 I gave out a couple of grunts and heard some movement. Although I never saw the deer, it circled down wind and busted me.

Won' t be back out until this Sat. Going for another all day hunt but this time I' m going to the property where I got my doe.

I' d like your opinion on my set-up. Lot' s of pines and good cover on top of a hill with some scrapes here and there. Oaks running in a line from top to about two thids of the way down the hill. Super thick bottom with a poor excuse of a creek but a few rubs. I was half way up in the oaks when I got my doe who was traviling from top to bottom.
Should I move? -Ken
Old 10-07-2003, 07:25 PM

I made it out tonight. Hunted the public ground. At sunset 7 deer came out (2 then 3 then 2 more) from the opposite corner of the finger woods I was hunting. They never came into bow range. Nothing came out of the corner I was covering. I was encouraged going in because it looked like the trail I was ambushing had been used quite a few times in recents days. What can you do.

If the wind is the opposite it was today come thursday, i' ll move across to the other side of the woods. If not, opportunity lost. Come Saturday when a smoke pole hunter is sitting in the state stand close by, those deer are going to get educated real quick.

Its going to be a long season.

Quick Reply: DE Archery Season (Oct)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.