Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Question for MD hunters >

Question for MD hunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Question for MD hunters

Old 10-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Question for MD hunters

Does anyone know if you can bowhunt for bucks during the doe week with muzzleloader? I know you can hunt with a bow but is that doe only as well? A friend said you can get a buck with bow but I didn't think so. I just got a doe yesterday so I'd like to take the bow out next week and chase a buck I've been seeing. Thanks for any insight.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Never mind. There was a game warden at the butcher I took deer to. I asked and even though its doe only muzzleloader week, you can in fact take the bow out for a buck. Good to know
Old 10-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

this stuff is usually on the states game management WEBSITE.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

That's wrong, just read your book instead because I still don't think you know.
In maryland during any season muzzeloader or rifle doe or buck it doesn't matter you can use a bow however it must count towards the given seasons bag limit. So jut in case ur reading this refer to your book and only your book not any person no matter their profession because everyone like to be a know it all and normally they are wrong. I carry my regulations book with me everywhere I hunt and I read it daily. It is your responsibility to read and understand it from front cover to back. I one hundred percent guarantee you if any future questions arise the answer can and should be found only in your regulations book. Actually the book u got in 2013 when you bought your license directly under the deer seasons boxes in small print the whole when can you use a bow in other seasons is covered. Just trying to keep anyone reading this on the right track. Md dnr don't **** around I would hate to see anyone lose an heirloom weapon to the forest pigs because of faulty info, it happens more than you think.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Spike

Ha! Even the hunting reg books you get when purchasing a license doesn't give you all pertinent info. Read the laws themselves.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigterp
Ha! Even the hunting reg books you get when purchasing a license doesn't give you all pertinent info. Read the laws themselves.
Tell me what you think is missing from this years regulation book, and I'll tell you what page you can find it on. imho our reg book is very thorough.

nice to see someone from west MD on here,
we don't get the rep we should
there are some awesome bucks lurking these hills.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes there is and a lot of jack wagons too... Come east about 60 miles and double that jack wagon prob
Old 03-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
Yes there is and a lot of jack wagons too... Come east about 60 miles and double that jack wagon prob
haha never heard that one before. I'm assuming you mean the kind of people who hit the woods for one week out of the year have no clue and call themselves hunters. I'm close to a resort community (deep creek lake) and know ALL about it. I couldn't imagine what a fiasco it would be like trying to hunt central maryland.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

He may even be talking about jackwagons who post that they only need pieplate accuracy with their rifle because it's so expensive to shoot those big bullets, LOL!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
He may even be talking about jackwagons who post that they only need pieplate accuracy with their rifle because it's so expensive to shoot those big bullets, LOL!
this little guy lives in Michigan.
he is a flat-lander who knows nothing about the Appalachian mountains. he is also ,as you can see, a leach.
he is referring to another post i made on a thread about accuracy in rifles.

i wont waste a 30$ box of ammo at the range trying to get a 1 inch group when i already have a three inch group. i shoot maybe 4 times to make sure i can hit a pie plate consistently and then i know i can hit a deers lungs consistently.(so yeah all i NEED for killing deer is piplate accuracy)

so theres four bullets at the range and one bullet through a deers lungs. thats five bullets a year. thats four bucks from one box of ammo.
30 divided by four years is alot better than buying a box for it every year.
those five bullets cost $7.50, which is $1.50 apiece.
(so yeah it is expensive to shoot those big bullets)

I shoot a new england arms single shot .45-.70
a mans gun that this land of the lakes loser has never probably fired and yeah the bullets are a little more expensive but me and it kill every year.

the only thing this Michigan boy kills is paper targets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.