Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Chasing tail on History >

Chasing tail on History

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Chasing tail on History

Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Chasing tail on History

Anyone else see this show on the history channel? It is the worst show ever and makes us deer hunters look like complete idiots. They are hunting off of peoples porches, swearing and not showing the animals one ounce of respect. Shooting yearlings in peoples yards and every other thing. I hope that we can all ban together and help get this show pulled before deer hunters get too bad of a name from this trash!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, very negative
Old 04-14-2013, 02:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought it was pretty comical
Old 04-14-2013, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too thought it was pitiful...as are most of those type of shows today.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Spike

I couldn't change the channel fast enough.....
Old 04-15-2013, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jerseyhunter
I thought it was pretty comical
As did I but I also agree that it makes hunters look bad, I know that 90% don't act like that or treat animals that way. I'm sure they could get alot better people for the show then those guys. They were knockin' them down right and left though
Old 04-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Spike

By definition to hunt, is to seek. Not sit comfortably on someone's back porch and slaughter every 3 year old barely mature buck you see.

I like that they're wearing camouflage, so they can blend in with a house........
Old 04-20-2013, 04:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Exactlyvague
By definition to hunt, is to seek. Not sit comfortably on someone's back porch and slaughter every 3 year old barely mature buck you see.

I like that they're wearing camouflage, so they can blend in with a house........

I don't want to disabuse of your notion of hunting but the goal of hunting in that area is not trophy or even meat. Its purpose is to kill every deer you see and to especially get rid of the does. As I understand it, it is an earn a buck area so you have to kill does to get buck tags. I suspect the show, which I turned off after 5 minutes, never shows them killing does.

As for sitting on someone's back porch, something I once did to get rid of a wood chuck., it is not the great outdoors there. It is the land of mcmansions set on a few acres of land. With few exceptions every hunt is going to be within a couple of hundred feet of a building.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

This show portrays hunters as ignorant slobs who ALWAYS wear nothing but camoflage and ask everyone they see for hunting permission. They don't even try to look a bit more presentable than if they just came in from hunting. I thought it was surprising that the History channel would allow a hunting show . . . now I see why. I think they see it as an opportunity to bash hunters.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Spike

I do agree that it portrays hunters as slobs.

It is almost like they are trying to make hunters look bad. Especially when they show the dead deer in people's back yard in their pools.

However, on the notion of killing everything they see, that seems to be their goal, so to speak. It is my understanding that the deer herd in that area is extremely high and out of control. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong because I very well might be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.