Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 New Jersey Deer Zone # 4 >

New Jersey Deer Zone # 4

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Jersey Deer Zone # 4

Old 09-19-2003, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Jersey Deer Zone # 4

Who deer hunts zone # 4 with bow, shotgun, muzzleloader? what have you seen in the past few years as far as bucks, and will you take a bear if you have a chance?

I' ve hunted this zone for the past 7 yrs., always saw some great bucks, best year was 2000. After that season it started to decline as far as the number of deer, and the quality of bucks, still saw 2 great bucks last year. Always see black bear during the bow season, but never during shotgun, also i see many gooblers. Good Luck & be safe to all of you.
Old 09-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Jersey Deer Zone # 4

BHC- I used to hunt about a half mile past the Flatbrook Roy rifle/shotgun range always saw bear during archery like you said Just go up there for a drive in the country or to sight in now. Do you happen to know what zone that is. I don' t believe they had zones back then, But I think its zone 4. The line for zone 1-4 is right about there.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jerseyhunter: yes that area is zone 4, i know the area your in. for myself, i hunt on Old Mine Road about 3.5 miles south of RT. 206.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:32 AM

whne i lived i nj i used to hunt that area but that was back when the bear population was small ! there were some nice buck up there on old mine road , is that still called the delaware water gap recreation area ?? supposedly they were gonna flood that area , if you go back in the woods in some spots there are old houses that they kicked the owners out of so they could flood the area , i don' t know why they never did ,unless it was a bull story!

Old 09-22-2003, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes the area is still called the " Deleware Rec. Area" . Also your right as far as the old houses in the woods, and federal goverment was to flood it, but people protested it, and they stopped it.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

WELL OPENING DAY FOR ZONE 4 TODAY, AND DIDN' T SEE A THING, MY GOD WAS IT HOT & HUMID. ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO I WENT UP THERE TO TAKE MY STAND UP, I LEAVE IT IN A EXTRA LARGE TRASH BAG, THEN COVER IT WITH STICKS/BRANCHES. WELL THIS MORING ABOUT 5:15 AM I GET TO MY TREE, WALK OVER TO GET MY STAND, WELL ITS THERE BUT ITS TURNED ONTO ITS SIDE, TRASH BAG IS RIPPED, THE FOOT REST, AND ARM REST FOAM CUSHION IS ALL RIPPED/TORN APART, YOU GUESS IT " BEAR" !!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear about your stand. Well your day wasn' t a total loss, at least we know where you' ll be for the bear hunt. By the way you can' t leave that stand there for the bear hunt. Baiting is illeagal. Good Luck
Old 10-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

WENT UP TO ZONE 4 AND HUNTED THIS MORNING, SAW NOTHIN AT ALL ON STAND, KICKED UP 4 DEER WHILE WALKING OUT, THEN AGAIN NO ONE OUT, THE RAIN WAS COMING DOWN HARD. GOT THE PICTURED BACK FROM MY CAM TRACKER, AND SAW THE " SOB" WHO AT THE FOAM FROM MY TREESTAND, ABOUT 200LB. BEAR GOT A FEW PICS OF HIM. PICS OF DEER ARE ALL DOES, NO BUCKS. MY FRIEND ISN' T HAPPY ABOUT THAT BUT I AM, JUST SIT WAIT FOR THE RUT THE BUCKS WILL SHOW UP
Old 10-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

WELL WENT OUT ON SATURDAY OCTOBER 11th, GOT A DOE, 30 YARD SHOT SPINED HER. NOT MUCH BUCK SIGN AT ALL.