Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Wow, good year so far!! >

Wow, good year so far!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Wow, good year so far!!

Old 11-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Wow, good year so far!!

HAVING A GREAT YEAR! Shot a 48 pound male coyote on opening day of deer season, last wednesday here in Connecticut. He was 134 yards away on the trot. One shot from the 7mm mauser dropped him in his trax. Saturday I took a 135 pound doe @ around 150 yards. same gun. I didn't think I could ask for more than that. Tuesday morning I had 3 does slip behind me, and couldn't get a shot. 20 minutes later this nice 8 pointer walks past @ 230 yards broadside. I didn't have much time but I dropped him with one shot. When I dressed him I could not believe what his heart looked like. Half of it was completely gone. What a sweet caliber. No meat damage what so ever.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

brought both deer to the processor, and there were deer laying all over the place!

50 racks on the shelf, another 20 outside. they said the took in 120 deer opening day.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:39 AM
Spike

Thumbs up

Congrats on a great start to the season. That's some fine shooting and great photos.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

awesome great job enjoy the continued success
Old 11-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the deer.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrats and some nice pictures. They are knocking them down pretty well here in Vt too. Last year was a mild winter and the 2011 kill was off allowing more deer to be available this year.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Spike

Nice work. Just curios but what part of CT are you allowed to use rifle? I bow hunt in the southern part of the state but I think it's shotgun only. I actually thought the entire state was shotgun only but that's not the case.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Sageboy
Nice work. Just curios but what part of CT are you allowed to use rifle? I bow hunt in the southern part of the state but I think it's shotgun only. I actually thought the entire state was shotgun only but that's not the case.
Thanks all for the well wishes.

shotgun only on public lands. private land of ten acres or larger allows rifle use. 243 or larger.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Great shooting, nice buck and beautiful coyote! It's been damn near a decade since I have shot past 150 yards, congrats.