Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NYS DEC Questionable Reoprts >

NYS DEC Questionable Reoprts

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYS DEC Questionable Reoprts

Old 11-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Spike

Default NYS DEC Questionable Reoprts

I would just like to vent on how I feel the NYS DEC is just such a questionable state agency. I just read a report on the DEC web page dated Oct 11 2012 about the 2012 Columbus Day Youth Hunt. It reads that 12753 youth were eligible and that 486 deer have been reported taken. I am today Nov 16 2012 reading my local newspaper The Walton Reporter and local DEC wildlife biologist reports that 692 kids participated 414 males and 278 females and they still don't know the deer take. I would think that by now it has been 6 weeks and no one has an exact number. This is just an example of how the NYS hunters have been subjected to the reports for years from the NYS DEC about the deer take from previous years. I was wondering if anyone in the DEC has the numbers for this years take 2012, but I just remembered the season doesn't open until tomorrow. I would put money on it that the number has already been written down in someones note pad in the NYS DEC. Good luck to all and be safe.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

i never pay attention to the deer takes 90 percent of people dont even call them in
Old 11-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

personnally in the past 5yrs. from meetings i've attended, and dec reports i've read. its become obvious the dec is much more interested in increasing income, over hunters true interest and our wildlifes health. the youth hunt reports were just a proto typical success story report to justify its use to gain popularity from non supporters. a way to insure more future income. i've lost alot of respect for the dec. there are so many things they can do to increase hunter interests and more healthier herds. the old buck harvest per square mile population estimates don't work. they need to pull their heads outta their a**es!!