Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Eastern Panhandle of WV >

Eastern Panhandle of WV

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Eastern Panhandle of WV

Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 AM
Spike

Default Eastern Panhandle of WV

Anybody hunting in the eastern panhandle of WV? If so what is the deer movement like right now.

Are there lots of acorns in the mountains?

Any signs of pre-rut, rut in full effect?

Any nice bucks killed in the Morgan/ Berkeley County area this year?

Heading out there in two weeks to do our yearly family rifle hunt and havent had a chance to get out there this year with everything going this year.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Spike

Up in Grant County the acorns are really heavy up this way. I haven't been up on the mountain to check my cameras in about 2 weeks now but i'm pretty sure that within the next week or so the rut is gonna be wide open. Hope It helps ya out a little bit.

HesseRay
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Spike

Thank you for the update, I am from WV and wish I could come back but moved to MD for job and now wife wont go back, she likes it here and I hate it.

Cant wait to get back to the mountain mama next week!!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Spike

I was seperated from my home for 4 years because my wife (who is from NC) didn't like it. But i got lucky and she left so i'm back up here and hunting/fishing without any nagging or "you love your bow more than me" conversations. Ahhhhhh, life is good!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Just got back Friday. Got a doe. Lots of acorns, but they are only heavy in certain areas. Missed the biggest deer I ever saw down there the first day. I did not know the guy, but a big ten was taken the first day where I was at. Wednesday I saw a really nice one but no shot. I believe they were still in rut a little, not chasing, but still looking around.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck RR!
We took 2 about like that last week, and a pile of does on the other side of romney. What gun is that? I know you like long range....how far?