Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
More License info >

More License info

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More License info

Old 10-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default More License info

I was at a Pennsylvania Game Commission Rifle Range Friday and I would say there were about 10 - 12 people there. The different ranges were separated and I really did not bother to count. A Game Officer and Deputy showed up. It was unbelievable. Everyone there (Including me) were in some kind of violation of the new law pertaining to having a license or permit. The Officer was nice about it and I don't think he wrote any tickets. Most of us had no clue we were illegal. I had moved after I bought my license and you have so many days ( I don't remember how many) to notify the Game Commission. I thought of the other post where the guy moved out of state. The guy next to me had more than one guest. I said one of them could be my guest for the day and the Officer said that would be O.K. because they were all set up already. Be real careful because some of the Wardens are not so forgiving.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Spike

Shouldn't need a special permit to shoot at any range. It's target shooting. Money racket.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 10-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

You only need the permit if you don't have a Hunting License. The Game Warden told me "We only stopped because it is a rainy lousy day and it brings out the Riff Raff". I said its too late, we are already here. He got a kick out of that.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wv4ever
Shouldn't need a special permit to shoot at any range. It's target shooting. Money racket.

Agree but Reg are Regs.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Spike

There needs to be more public shooting ranges.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

i think its ridiculous too. but i wish everyone at the range had to pass some safety course kinda like hunters edu, not just go by a range permit. I've seen some people do some very unsafe things, kind of scary.

I always have my license on my shirt at the range. When i was there a week ago the guy shooting next to me look suspiciously well dressed like a fly fisherman. After he left the guy on the other side said he was a warden. pretty tricky.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here is the very first paragraph in the Public shooting ranges section on the PGC site:
Beginning April 1, 2011, those who shoot firearms at one of the Pennsylvania Game Commission’s State Game Lands public shooting ranges must possess and carry with them either an annual $30 range use permit or a current general hunting or furtaker license. Individuals without a range use permit or hunting or furtaker license may be fined.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
You only need the permit if you don't have a Hunting License. The Game Warden told me "We only stopped because it is a rainy lousy day and it brings out the Riff Raff". I said its too late, we are already here. He got a kick out of that.
You should have seen the riff-raff BEFORE they implemented the new rules. I think this story was the straw that broke the camel's back:

http://www.abc27.com/story/19294527/...shooting-range