Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Why can' t it be DEER SEASON!! >

Why can' t it be DEER SEASON!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Why can' t it be DEER SEASON!!

Old 09-14-2003, 09:24 PM

Default Why can' t it be DEER SEASON!!

The other night I went out to do a little squirrel hunting out behind my Brother in Laws house. It' s where we hunt deer too in season. Last year he and my nephew built my wife a tree stand, but she was afraid to get up in it. I hadn' t seen it, so I decided to hike out and check it out. When I got there, I figured, well, what better way to check it out, than to sit in it for a while. So I did.

You know what. It' s a nice stand.

It was about 5:30 when I got in. I left and was back to the house at around 7:30.

In that 2 hours I had first 2 does come by the stand, and stop in an opening, broadside, less than 10 yards from the stand.

Then, a few minutes later here comes a 4 pointer, from behind me. He offered a similar shot before trotting off on his merry way.

THEN, here comes HORNS through the brush......OMG......they are BIG!!

Here comes this bruiser of a 6 pointer, then behind him comes more horns, even BIGGER He was an 8 pointer, with a BIG HIGH rack. His color was rich and full. The type of deer that I would be proud to hang in my den. Either of them would be respectible shooters in my area.

Both deer walked up to my stand, within 10 yards again. One of them was looking right directly at me while it was eating some leaves. He didn' t see me, or didn' t care. Then they trotted off.

If this had been bow season I could have shot any of those 5 deer.

Remember, I was squirrel hunting. I wasn' t thinking about scent. I wasn' t wearing any Camo, I was smoking cigarettes, I was moving around, scratching my ass, picking my nose. You know, the whole 9. During deer season I' m afraid to fart for fear of scaring the deer away, but here I am sitting and practically blowing a friggin tuba, and it' s like a bambi parade. I don' t get it.

Why can' t this stuff happen AFTER 10/15!!??!!??

Didn' t see a single squirrel. But after the parade started I wasn' t looking for them either.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why can' t it be DEER SEASON!!

if i were you , come deer season , i' de kick your wife out of that stand and use it for myself , sounds like you saw some great deer , maybe if your allowed to bait them you' ll be able to keep them coming back to the area until season starts good luck
Old 09-14-2003, 11:19 PM

[8D]Believe me I thought of that already.

Wifey already put the Kaibash on that though. She made me go out and buy her a blind that she can cary in and put right at the bottom of that tree.

Oh well. I can' t complain. Her hunting a little makes it easier for her to understand when I disappear somewhere ' round 10/15 and don' t show my face agin much before mid-December.

I hope she shoots that big high racked 8, I' ll still get to mount it, and hang it in the den. And lie my ass off to my friends, telling them that I shot it!![:-]
Old 09-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Follow that trail back a couple hundred yards and cut that buck off at the pass before he reaches her. Hope she nails him.