Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 WWwhhew..received my doe tag...lol >

WWwhhew..received my doe tag...lol

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WWwhhew..received my doe tag...lol

Old 09-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default WWwhhew..received my doe tag...lol

After reading all you guys receiving yours, I gots to worrying...lol but alas, I received my first tag today, numbered in the low 100' s....wwwhhheww.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WWwhhew..received my doe tag...lol

Mine is really goofy........looks like I got all 3, but may have gotten the 2nd " unsold" round FIRST!

I put in first time for 2G
1st round unsold= 5B
2nd round unsold = 5B

Well today I got my first one back and it was a 5B with a 56,346 number!! That means that it is my 2nd unsold one! 5B had 20,000 left GOING INTO the second round, so my first 5B should have a number less than 30,000!
So it look slike my first 2 are held up at a pokey treasurer' s office! HURRY UP!![]
Old 09-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

congratulations guys , it' s about time you got your tags
Old 09-12-2003, 08:04 PM
Spike

Matt,

You may have actually received your first unsold tag. When I got my first tag for 4E it was like number 18000. Then I received my first bonus tag and it was like number 5000.

Really got me thinking. The only thing that I could come up with is they went in reverse order. That way when reporting how many they had left, they could just look at the top tag number.

Rob,

Let' s hope that isn' t what your unit did![]
Old 09-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Rob, you beat me to it. I was going to post the same thing. I received my first of three tags today though it was my first round bonus and not the original doe tag. I have my 4C now all I need is my 3D and my 5C.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I got my 10 the past 2 days 1 5b and 9 5c' s
Old 09-13-2003, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Should I have already bought my liscense?! You mean I missed the date to send in for my doe tags?!

LOL! J/K.

Seriously though. I didn' t get my liscense yet. [] Just call me a slacker! LOL
Old 09-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep ,Your up a creek without a paddle. Last I heard there are only 2 management units that have doe tags left. And that aint many. No doe meat for you this year.The first drawing was on August 4th the second drawing August 28th and the third On Sept. 18th. But I dont think there many left except the management units that were unlimited till they run out. What management unit are you hunting in? Then check the PGC website and see if that unit is sold out. Sorry for the bad news
Old 09-13-2003, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, i knew when the dates were.

My wife and I can' t consume much more than 1 deer a year. I figure there is no sense in wasteing meat. Its just not ethical to shoot more deer than you or your family can consume in a year. So, I' m not torn up about not getting a doe tag. If I get lucky enough to get a buck, I don' t want the temptation to take that 2nd deer that i may not be able to use.

If it comes down a situation where 1 deer isn' t enough, someone in my family will be more than happy to fill the venison void in my freezer.

Thanks cardeer for your info, Good luck and be safe out there.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Forgot to mention my tag was for 3B...my second application was also for 3B so I don' t know if I' ll get that one or not, I haven' t checked to see if my check was cashed but think I will....We have way too many doe and we need to thin them out...

Quick Reply: WWwhhew..received my doe tag...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.