Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 hay ny bowhunters >

hay ny bowhunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

hay ny bowhunters

Old 09-12-2003, 01:58 PM

Default hay ny bowhunters

hay guys the season is right around the corner w3hat are u doing this time of the year to get extra ready .... i am getting fired up and ready to roll..... thanks

al bowmansville ny wny
Old 09-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hay ny bowhunters

It all starts for me in 15days with last yrs leftover tag. I can' t wait. Still got a couple stands to throw up yet. Most are alreadly up. Been practicing, shooting from my treestand now in the back yard. Plan to do some more scouting tomorrow in another area. Think I find the preparation of scouting, and stand placement almost as fun. Know it takes alot of my time.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:24 AM

As a owner of a small archery pro shop this time of year is great for us bowhunter. I am up to my ears in hunters, trying to get ready. But I still find time for myself. I do it by getting out each morning at first light to do some scouting. I have checked several stand locations and have even got a new 15 ft ladder stand to use. I do most of my hunting from ground blinds as I am a physically challenged hunter now, got a bad right leg, I broke it several years ago in 9 places and then the following year in 4 more places. I also shoot at 10 yards in the shop, if no customers, so I will take 8 arrows and shoot them at 4 bag targets. I will go from compoud to my recurve. I also shoot off my back of the house to get the feel of shooting from a treestand...
Old 09-14-2003, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

Shoot,Scout,Shoot some more
Old 09-14-2003, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Go crazy everytime I see a tree turning pretty!
Chew the Fat with other bowhunters about this season.
Buy lots of last minute gear, some I need, some I want!
Go fishing to make the days go by faster!
Shoot,Scout,Shoot some more
Hang stands and trim other sites.
Warn all of my non-hunting friends that they won' t be seeing me around for awhile!
Get all the crap out of the way so that I can hunt every dayoff I get.
Try not to count down until at least October gets hear, Thats a hard one![>:]

Good luck NewYorkers! Remember, don' t let the cat out of the hat, NYS is all big city and the hunting isn' t that good.

Old 09-14-2003, 08:04 PM

hey bill spouth plymouth is not far from brookfeild or sherburn right ? i have a place in brookfeild borfeing the state land there ,where are you in case i need a shop when i am up ther .
Old 09-14-2003, 08:31 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

I' m gonna fly to South Dakota and hunt with muzzleloader before the season opens here!
Old 09-15-2003, 03:51 AM

I am about a 20 minutes from were you are going to hunt, I am off of route 23 out of Norwich NY going west. When you see a sign that says North Pharsalia look on the right for a deer sign that says SOB archery turn here I am at the top of the hill. I carry just about anything you would need for archery, during the bow season my hours are I am open from 11 am to 2 pm and then again after dark or call me for a appointment. Most stop by after dark for more arrows or they need BH' s aor to show me that photo of the big buck they got. I carry alum, carbon and wood arrows, release, finger tab, gloves, sights, fiber optic scopes, silencers and my own brand of deer lure that is direct from a local deer farm...
Old 09-15-2003, 04:01 AM

Plus all NJ hunter are wellcome at my shop, this fat old hunter is from Paramus NJ.
I have a lot of both NY city and NJ hunter that come to the shop like old friends, they stop in for the 100% fresh deer lure and also just to see what is the local talk of the deer herd.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our opener is October 15th!! I' m trying to shoot three times a week until the season rolls in!! Hunt mainly in Erie, Cattarraugus, and Chautauqua counties!!

Quick Reply: hay ny bowhunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.