Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Looks like a full moon for >

Looks like a full moon for

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Looks like a full moon for

Old 09-09-2003, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Looks like a full moon for

The Md opener on Mon the 15th. Was going to go but will proablly wait till Fri the 19th and let the moon get a little darker.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Looks like a full moon for

Rick, get out there brother...you can' t get if your not in the game... Man, I wouldn' t care if the sun stayed out all night, dude I wouldn' t miss opener...you must be a patient man. Good luck but get out there. I' m so envious.[:-]
Old 09-09-2003, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seen some pretty nice deer during full moon-get out there and hunt!
Old 09-10-2003, 05:53 AM

I' ll be out. I like it when nature provides the light. Less light I have to use to get to my stand the better.
B
Old 09-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rob, I would have to drive down Sunday and come back Tue and planed to go on Thur anyway. The season is so long (Jan 31) and it will still be quite warm, for the evening hunts anyway, mornings are quite cool right now. Just told the wife a bit ago I would proably go and get set up cause I' m afraid that hurricane Isabell will mess things up next weekend. The full moon doesn' t really bother me as I try to look more at the position of the moon. I have taken some nice deer under a full moon.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

That' s right, your out there tighter to the big sea, hopefully the storm will miss ya and allow you to enjoy yourself, good luck.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe I' m wrong, but my Calendar shows the full moon was on the 10th. Last Quarter is on the 18th. I don' t think the moon should be too much of a factor on the 15th according to my Calendar. Besides, with all the rain over the weekend, the cloud cover is bound to cover up much of the moonlight anyway.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is a pic of the moon tonite, Sat the 13th. Looks like it will still be pretty full Tomorrow for Mon' s opener.

Old 09-14-2003, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rick--the " harvest moon" was on the 10th. It' s on it' s way down by the opener--and it' s supposed to be cloudy anyway. If you wait for Thursday, not only will you miss the opener, but the hurricane is taking dead aim for MD as of the last update. I think I saw an " X" over my house in the satellite picture of the projection[]
Old 09-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yea, I know Dave, I just wanted to post the pic,. Took it with the nite time feature on my new camera. Went out this morning and it was does everywhere. It was 5:45am when I arrived and there were three in the yard next to where I parked, it was still really dark so I tried the camera but the exposure stays open so long and couldn' t hold it still during that tine so it was blury. I decide to just take the camera with me and check things out and hang my stand. The apple tree field was full of does from what I could tell as it was stiull quite dark. Did some scouting and set the stand and came home to return Sat if the weather permits.

Quick Reply: Looks like a full moon for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.