Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Take A Few Seconds....... >

Take A Few Seconds.......

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Take A Few Seconds.......

Old 09-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Spike

Default Take A Few Seconds.......

Take a few seconds and send an e-mail on your opinion (keep it clean) of the Pa fluorescent orange proposal. Oct. 6 & 7 is quickly approaching, and from what I am hearing, the PGC is saying that hunter responses to this proposal have been minimal. Thereby inferring that it must not be that big of an issue with hunters' .
Send your comments to: [email protected]
Old 09-02-2003, 06:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Take A Few Seconds.......

Thanks for the link Chilly,
'
Just got done sending a letter.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine has been sent as well........took a little longer than a few seconds I might add!

Now I just need to print my hard copies and mail to each commisioner and everyone else I can find an address for.

I urge EVERYONE to speak now while you have a chance........if you don' t, then don' t whine when you are wearing your new Blaze camo next Oct.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

just sent mine too !!!!!, however i saved a copy of mine to my sent items folder for any future contacts in the commission we might get
Old 09-03-2003, 07:08 AM

Sent 1 along as well.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sent mine... Goes something like this: (please do not copy... send your own comments)

To whom it may concern,

I am a Pennsylvania resident hunter from the northwest part of the state. I am sending this email in hopes that someone will hear the voice of many hunters that are apposed to the new proposed florescent orange laws will be voted on in early October.

Many hunters, mainly archery hunters are completely apposed to the new laws. Being an avid archery hunter as well as a firearms hunter, I see the issue from both sides. However, the state (Pennsylvania) has been slowly taking over the designated archery season by placing muzzleloader and Jr/Sr antlerless seasons right in the prime part of the bow season.

Now, the state teamed with the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission want to make Archers wear florescent orange while on stand! To me, as well as other resident hunters, this is ridiculous and there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Archery season is a much valued time of year in many hunter' s lives and has almost a cult following within this state. It used to be (emphasizing " used to be" ) the most peaceful, relaxing hunting season of the year. Now, certain weeks and weekends are and will be polluted with the cracks of rifles and " booms" of muzzleloaders disrupting the serenity that we have all come to love (and now wish to have it back).

Our precious season is being taken away from us, why must you drive the knife further into our backs? To please politicians?! Just remember who does the voting in this state and who the state takes taxes from and who buys licenses. Us. The hunters.

Please stop infringing on this beautiful season. Leave the orange regulations alone. Haven' t you taken away enough? We would just like to sit in our tree, fully camouflaged throughout the whole (emphasizing " whole" ) season!

Completely opposed,

William Schneider III
Old 09-06-2003, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can somebody post all the contacts that we might have?

Thanks,
BJ
Old 09-08-2003, 06:34 AM

Already sent one via email.