Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NEW JERSEY- lets change some things! >

NEW JERSEY- lets change some things!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NEW JERSEY- lets change some things!

Old 08-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NEW JERSEY- lets change some things!

just a couple of ideas why cant i get my rifle permit over the counter like doe permits? its a pain sending this in to Trenton every 2 years! surely the people in the office have better things to do! they should also combine the hunting courses to include rifle and shotgun together! also why do they start the muzzleloader season for most of the state the monday after thanksgiving? most people i know are off the friday and saturday after the holiday. many people i know hunt pennsy on that monday so i wouild think they mite sell some more permits in jersey by changing muzzleloader opening day to the friday after thanksgiving!. another big issue i have is with the extended bow season. if you think about it your paying twice to bow hunt in the same season. are we suckers? do you buy a fishing liscense in april then when may hits we have to buy another one? and so on! why cant i bowhunt on sundays? many people work 6 days a week so why cant we bow hunt . theres no noise involved like a gun so why not? [:@][:@] NOTHING BUT PERMITS AND MORE PERMITS[:@]
Old 08-27-2003, 03:06 PM

Default RE: NEW JERSEY- lets change some things!

All very legitmate questions. I wish I had good answers for them, but I don' t. The way NJ hunters continue to overpay for our sport is mind boggling, but we just keep bending over and over again.

One of the most outrageous things the division did to us is shorten Fall Bow and lengthening Permit bow thereby forcing NJ hunters to buy additional deer permits if we wish to hunt during the rut.

Another good one... Turkey season
Lets do the math if you want to hunt for a full month
week a 21.00
week b 21.00
week c 2100
week d 21.00
To hunt friggin Saturdays!! 21.00
Resident Firearm Liscense 27.50
Grand Total .................$132.50

Now lets compare that to NY
Non-Resident Hunting 55.00
Non-Resident Turkey Permit 30.00
Grand Total......................$85.00
and that' s for a full month of turkey hunting including Sundays!!!!

So how is it that as a NJ resident I can hunt more cheaply as a non-resident in NY than I can right here at home.
Why do we continue to get so raped with fees in this state, I would really love to know.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

All the above reasons are why I don' t hunt here even though I live here. (Temporaryly)
Old 08-27-2003, 06:32 PM

Write your Representatives at the Reichstag up in Trenton and ask them your questions...
Old 08-28-2003, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

The reason you can' t hunt on Sundays in NJ is because of the " Blue Laws" ....i.e. THE CHURCH!!!!!

Total Bull****!

I just bought my NJ bow liscence for the 1st time, and I can' t believe all the different permits, and interwoven seasons etc......very confusing. Glad I still hunt NY too.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:03 AM

Just some of the reasons I had to give up on NJ.
I buy nonresident licenses in MD and DE and it costs me less than a resident NJ license and all the permits I would need. Plus bigger deer. The sooner I get out of this state the better.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Combine the out of this world license costs with all of the stupid seasons and way too long permit seasons equate to a miserable hunting experience for the average person. You can bascially hunt from 9/6 straight thru to Jan 31st!!!!!! What' s up with that??? Oh, you can shoot a doe a day while you are at it or a button buck a day if you are really lucky....
Old 08-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Broadhead get an up to date digest. You can now hunt From 9/6/03 thru 2/14/04. Don' t cut out those last 2 weeks, as for the way too long permit seasons if you don' t like it you don' t have to hunt them. Myself I can never get enough hunting. I hunt public land and enjoy every day I can hunt. Even if some so called sportsman shoots the deer I had shot and was following up for a coup de grace. Or the guy still hunting past my stand not realizing I was there watching 2 bucks feed towards me waiting for the shot. Or the guy that trods in to his stand 1/2 hour after sun up. Its public land and they have just as much right to be there. There are more deer out there now than ever so the Div. must be doing something right. I for one have no complaints other than to like to see more Pheasants and Quail released.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

i also love our turkey season[X(] i dont hunt it anymore its just too easy to cross over and hunt pennsy for the whole month of may without having to worry about dates and area restrictions! they really need to simplify things. jersey hunter- i have all but given up on bird hunting in our state. its easier to go to a game farm and hunt private land and have a real quality hunt without worrying about the sea of orange spraying you with lead[>:] on the public lands. i pay 50$ for a chance at 6 birds with dogs included.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:46 AM

Actually jerseyhunter you are absolutely wrong. There are not more deer out there than ever in NJ. The deer numbers have been declining drastically over the last few years thanks to the long and liberal seasons, this has been confirmed by division officials. The numbers will continue to decline so long as we have these insanely long seasons, but that is what the goal of the division is...to reduce the herd drastically, period, and they don' t keep that a secret.

Quick Reply: NEW JERSEY- lets change some things!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.