Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Can Anyone Recommend A Maine Bear Guide? >

Can Anyone Recommend A Maine Bear Guide?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Can Anyone Recommend A Maine Bear Guide?

Old 12-15-2011, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Can Anyone Recommend A Maine Bear Guide?

Some friends are itching to go on a bear hunt to Maine in 2013, and I'm willing to go as well. I've been on a few bear hunts with the bow in New Brunswick, Canada but my outfitter I used sold it. Plus in Maine we all can hunt at the same time, I would hunt with the bow, and few others as well, and some will hunt with some sort of firearm. We are looking now and want to book soon to lock in the opening week (fall season). If you have any experience with any of these outfitters and/or any others good or bad please let me know. Few places I've been looking at are:

http://oxbowlodge.com/

http://www.cedarridgeoutfitters.com/bearhunting.html

http://www.northcountrylodge.com/bear.html

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 12-15-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

I have hunted Deer with North Country lodge, they get some big ones. Very nice family and quarters to stay inn. I will be going back for a 2nd time sometime in the future.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

sbuff, thanks for the reply...have you hunted bears with them? when was the last time you hunted with them?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

just deer in 2007 or 2008. Saw some smaller bucks bot nothing I wanted to harvest. No bears , just got two coyotes one of which I mounted. The week I was there in Nov bears were seen by other hunters.

Bert and Hank Goldmen are a class act.

Steve
Old 12-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

deer hunting is tough up there!!!!! For up there I would hunt bears and moose, for deer I'll stay here in NJ, and in Illinois I have a small outfitting business with a lodge and over 2000 acres
Old 12-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Email me at [email protected] and I will send you specific information on a very good quality Maine bear hunt.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

I went in 2006 with Turnpike Ridge Outfitters. It was a great time. There were 13 hunters is camp. 12 got bears. the one that didn't was waiting on a huge bear. he said it was his 12 trip and didn't mind not getting one. I will look for Don's contact info.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

I go every year to a camp in Qubec. Every year there are about 6-10 that go. Private cabins, private land and just an awsome time. $750 per man. Oh private lakes for fishing if you tag out. We rent the whole place out. Bears go up into the 300lbs range. I am 2 for 2 so far.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:15 AM
Typical Buck

I went with Allagash wilderness camps in St francis. in 2010. Excellent season, 28 hunters in camp the first week. 24 bears on the ground 2 misses and two didn't see any. Very good success rate I would say. They also are not afraid to spend the money to bait, they bait the full time they are allowed before the season and went through three tractor trailer loads that season. I went with a group that goes up every single year.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Spike

Smoldering Lake Outfitters. They hold 3 out of 5 top spots for archery and muzzleloader bear. The owner is Dave Hentosh and they take good care of you. Dave is also a retired world class taxi and now does bronze sculptures. Did a bronze of Barbra Walters dog. Great food too!

http://www.smoldering-lake-outfitters.com/index.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.