Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA rifle opener in a little over a week! >

PA rifle opener in a little over a week!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA rifle opener in a little over a week!

Old 12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RonM
Got up to Buttonwood near Williamsport during 2nd week, bad weather didnt see a thing...
this is worst deer hunting i have seen in 46 years in clinton county wmu2g.
i did not see deer the first week,saw 3 doe second week and crew of 20 hunters shot 2 of those.
i dont hunt doe.
i usually see buck but saw no buck also.
everyone i talk to are DISGUSTED with pgc letting hunters kill off all doe.
i am more disgusted with HUNTERS that are shooting doe when there are few left in wmu2g.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

Hunted 2F. The worst year on record in our camp(since 1964). Only a total of 7 deer seen. 8 total hunters in camp and we are really thinking of not coming back next year. Very sad what they have done with the herds in NW pa.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
Hunted 2F. The worst year on record in our camp(since 1964). Only a total of 7 deer seen. 8 total hunters in camp and we are really thinking of not coming back next year. Very sad what they have done with the herds in NW pa.
I agree with you on this....although i did get an 8 pt on the first day (saw 2 deer all day)...saw 2 deer all flintlock season....talked to a lot of ppl that hunt 2f that said the same thing...its sad

Last edited by ERM1212011; 01-30-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

i was talking to group of young under 45 hunters that came up for late muzzleloader season .they had 23 hunters and hunted 2 days. both days had great weather.they had 2 inchs of snow too.could see everywhere.this was WMU2G ,CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

they hunted hard from 6am to dark both days.

they saw LOTS of deer.they saw 2 doe and 1 buck. you heard that right.in the best hunting area in western clinton county,KETTLE CREEK/CROSSFORK.
pgc says,SPROUL THE DEER ARE WAYBACK.well these hunters hunted wayback and saw 3 deer.
they are not coming back next year for deer.

30 years ago you would see 20 easy daily,now we are down too 3 deer in 2 days.
this is first year i did not see buck in gun season.46 yrs i have got buck, first year i did not.

yet i saw over 150 hunters i area i hunt.this area is WAYBACK, WAYBACK, WAYBACK,stop sproul you are sounding like PGC.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Spike

Tell me what you think of this idea.
Last year I promised the homeless shelter, Veterans Home and Children shelter that I would come home with Venison. Unforunately I came home empty handed But this year I have a plan. Old Mac here is going to get himself both a Buck and Doe permit, and when old antlers decides to send his girlfriends out to entertain me, he is going to kiss one of them good bye. I will not fail this year. I'll get that buck eventually, but if he pulls the same crap he pulled a few years ago I will bring home Venison in the form of one of his girlfriends.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

I donate a deer to feed the hungry every year. Matter of fact, i'm leaving for N.J tomorrow to do just that. Venison tastes the same whether it has horns or not.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

PGC and Hunters to blame.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Tundra10
PGC and Hunters to blame.
let me add couple more,QDMA/AUDUBON/DCNR