Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Antler Restrictions change?????? >

PA Antler Restrictions change??????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Antler Restrictions change??????

Old 08-14-2003, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA Antler Restrictions change??????

I heard today from someone that they changed the Antler restrictions to 3 points on one said for the ENTIRE state. Does anyone know that for a fact , or has anyone else heard that???? might of just been a rumor.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Antler Restrictions change??????

Just a rumor.The only change I saw was that the brow point must be 1" to be considered a legal point.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

if anything the points will increase to 4....but not this year.......this year like jimpic said brow tines must be an inch like all other tines and some areas are 4pt that wernt.....i was just looking figuring venango was 3pt last year it would be this year.....but i was wrong...they changed us to 4pt in most of hte county!! but they have the 4pt rule for a reason.....i dont see them letting off....only making it more strict for the rest of the counties if it comes down to that.........but this year theres 3pt and 4pt areas still....but they go by WMUs this year dont forget.......double check dont assume your still whatever from last year!
Old 08-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea i live in westmoreland county, which is 4pt on one side still. So ill do most of my hunting in 2B other then first and seconds day of rifle when ill be in mcKean whick it 2F. That is 3 on one side.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:29 AM

I was under the impression that Allegheny County was now under antler restrictions where as last year it was the spikes 3inches etc.

I could be wrong.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

DL55, what part of Mckean County do you hunt? keep in mind that US219 is the eastern border of 2F. 3A is the next WMU over which takes up the rest of Mckean and into Potter County, etc.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am hunting on the left half of Mckean. We have a camp jsut outside of Kane and hunt behind it. We also go into warren a lil to hunt some hallows. If u hunt up Around Pauls trading post , or Bobs trading post , or GrayBill Marine , my camp is right in that 7 camp town. But i Took a nice buck there my second year. 9 Pt 16,1/2 inch inside spread . if ur fimaliar with the area, how about some of the names of the hallows.? LOL the locals kill me.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually your' re not that far from were I hunt. I hunt up around the upper reservoir from Kinzua. I' ve done a whole lot of ice fishing on Kinzua arm of the res. down 321....Chappel Bay; Kiasutha; Dew Drop; etc. I don' t get in the woods much over that direction, but I' ve driven through there enough times. There' s some good bucks running around in those hills. Did you hunt opening day of rifle up there last year? How' d you like the 18" of fresh snow? The dragging really sucked!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea I fish all around there too , red bridge , my camp is actually on 321. Its the log cabin right next to graybills. Yea i loved the snow , those woods come alive when there is snow. I shot a doe the first morning , and had no trouble gettin her out , she jsut slid nice and easy.But nothing is better then hearing the sound of a herd with atleast 1 buck in it , u just hear the shotts goin form hollow to hollow , if the herd is on the move, and theres more then one deer you know about it. But the ultimate is when u hear that shot form about 100 yards away arond a point , or on the top of the hill , then a few econds later u see em on the run. But i do like hunting up there , and fishing. The south branch of the kinzua creek is jsut about 75 yards behind my camp so i fish there. But have alot more luck on the main branch over by the WestLine bar. But maybe ill see u on the water or in he woods up there sometime.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

The possibility exists that we' ll cross paths! I know exactly the cabin you speak of....at least I' ve seen it and know it' s location. I don' t get out that way much lately, but I drive out there on the weekends for a " road trip" once in a while. I was up on FS259 hunitng near the powerlines last year on the opener....Jake' s Rock Road was near impassible with all the snow, but I managed. There really wasn' t much pressure, but there wasn' t many guys either. Due to the heavy snow I think. I only had one doe tag left to fill and did that at about 8 am....when the shots cracked down over the hill I got ready and then they came..... Ah, the joys of hunting the public lands.

Quick Reply: PA Antler Restrictions change??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.