Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
12" Snow Saturday!! >

12" Snow Saturday!!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

12" Snow Saturday!!

Old 10-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default 12" Snow Saturday!!

That's gonna change the NY SZ 2011 archery season a little,huh?
I've seen mostly nocturnal movements the past week or so; now what?
Old 10-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 3seasons
That's gonna change the NY SZ 2011 archery season a little,huh?
I've seen mostly nocturnal movements the past week or so; now what?
Gonna' have to break out the snow camo.
I'd head into a stand of beach nut's, or apples.........and wait to see who arrives for breakfast.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

I had three doe come through the orchard last night 1/2hour before dark. I'm sure they can sense it's gonna storm. Other than that not too much daytime movement (YET)!! Bring it on! I love hunting in the snow! Although we're only forcasted to get 2-3 inches here on the NY/PA border. That's a perfect amount of the white stuff! Good hunting all!!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Well...

we did get 12+ and I spent the height of the storm up a pine tree w/deer moving everywhere- just as I thought; every so often the snow would cascade from the upper branches landing WHUMP! in a big pile on the ground-it was beautiful...
right up until I finally took a shot and one of those "snow-slides" startled the deer resulting in a gut shot-no blood. With the rate of snow @ 3in/hr and dark falling I backed out.
In the a.m. all sign was long buried; though I know the property well, sadly, I could not find the deer-a nice size doe. One complicating factor, other than the weather, is that the adjacent property is a positively posted as in do not ask or think about it , trail cammed ( not for deer) and patrolled daily lease.
It would have been the perfect hunt but instead, I mightily regret loosing that arrow.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

That stinks! I hate losing/wounding an animal and not knowing the outcome. I had one such experience a couple of weeks ago on a nice buck. Good luck next time!